cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odesk Team- "Invalid response from TeamAPI server"

Highlighted
Brian H Member Since: Jun 4, 2014
1 of 16
Hi, I am new to Odesk and I downloaded Odesk Team on my Mac to make sure I had everything working first. It gives me the message "Invalid response from TeamAPI server" in red. Is this because I don't have any current jobs yet or is their another problem? I wrote support and they said to check ~/Library/Logs/oDesk Team.log . I found a library and logs file but odeskteam.log was not there. Is my Odesk team not set up right or does it say that because I dont have any contacts yet? Thanks, Brian
Highlighted
James P Member Since: Jun 12, 2014
2 of 16
Similar situation for me. Check Preferences -> Logs for the actual location of the log file; mine is at ~/Library/Logs/oDesk\ Team.log . I noticed that the dmg provided on the website is the latest "minor" version (3.8.7), while the version it auto-updated to is a beta (3.10.5). Both seem to have this problem.
Highlighted
Laurentiu C Member Since: Jan 17, 2015
3 of 16

Same here. On Windows is working ok, on Mac "fatal error". What is the problem? Support please help. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 16

Hi Laurentiu,

Which operating system are you using on your Mac? Check out this help article to troubleshot and if you still have issues, please contact Customer Support.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
5 of 16

Just in case those encountering those issues with the Team App on MACs are not already aware, the support team for the oDesk Team Application is different than the default oDesk Support accessible via the oDesk Help Center https://support.odesk.com/

With an operable oDesk Team Application, a support request can be sent from within the Team APP itself to the support team for the oDesk Team Application, and the needed logs can be sent with those requests. Without that initial connectively to the server, that would probably not be an option.

Request from the default oDesk Support an email address to send a support request and the logs directly to the team that supports the oDesk Team Application. Or supply the request with the logs to the default oDesk Support asking them to forward the information to the team that supports the oDesk Team Application.

Note: My experience with support requests sent to the team that supports the oDesk Team Application is that they are typically non-responsive.

Maybe the oDesk Community Managers / Moderators can assist members in getting a timely and meaningful response.

"Best Answer": Use a PC! Just kidding. I know how much MAC users prefer their MACs. Best of luck.

Ron aka LanWanMan
Highlighted
Andrey V Member Since: Apr 10, 2015
6 of 16

OMG. This is SO confusing. I am seeing so many posts about this issue and no one actually provides the answer. Like it is some kind of a secret. Even people who post those questions never come back with an update on how they finally resolved this. And what is more confusing is that the wellknown issue itself is still not fixed by oDesk. And every new affected person needs to file another ticket to the support team and wait. I am wondering, what if in the future, in the middle of some work assignment, I will encounter something like this again? I suppose I'll just file a ticket to wait a day or two... And by now I need to put my interview on hold because this brilliant Team App keeps throwing an error at me. Whats going on???

Highlighted
Andrey V Member Since: Apr 10, 2015
7 of 16

Yep. This error was due to no active contracts.

Highlighted
Camila A Member Since: Apr 12, 2015
8 of 16

I have an active contract and everything has been working fine up until now that I'm getting this message and it's not tracking my time. Someone help? i have to work as soon as possible and the Help Desk hasn't been able to answer yet. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
9 of 16

I suggest you start a new thread instead of one from last year. This might not get seen.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 16

Hi Camila,

There is a known issue that is affecting Team App connectivity. The team is working to fix it as soon as possible and to process cached hours.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS