cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odesk can file a dispute, without client filing a dispute?

Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
11 of 21
I wasn't referring specifically to oDesk, and do agree with your comment. I stick to the hours agreed per week, and the couple of times I have gone slightly over the limit due to wanting to finish off a certain stage, I have not bothered the client with it. But I am aware that a client could think I am logging unrealistic hours in one stretch.
Boby U Member Since: May 27, 2009
12 of 21
[quote=Marcia Malory]But if a job is going to take a lot of hours, more than the client has anticipated, you should notify the client in advance. If the client doesn't seem to understand what is involved in getting the job done, you should explain this, and how long it takes, before you start working - at the interview, if possible. Unless I have a deadline that would be impossible to meet without working many hours in a day, in which case I tell the client how long it will take, I break up the work so the client isn't faced with an enormous credit card payment at the end of the week. I wouldn't clock in 18 hours a day without letting the client know in advance and explaining why it was necessary. If, by my own miscalculation, a job takes longer than I expected it to, I don't charge for the extra time.[/quote] [quote=Mandy D.]I wasn't referring specifically to oDesk, and do agree with your comment. I stick to the hours agreed per week, and the couple of times I have gone slightly over the limit due to wanting to finish off a certain stage, I have not bothered the client with it. But I am aware that a client could think I am logging unrealistic hours in one stretch.[/quote] the discussion was made before the project runs and it's going to be taking a lot of hours as it's been explained, but that all had been neglected due to the minimum budget. but that is not the point of this discussion the point was why Odesk can open up a finished contract with 5stars feedbacks from client and asked we "freelancer" to refund client money/hours while the project was already completed and client is very satisfied + the work had been reviewed and launch? does that seems logic? and fair for us freelancers?
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
13 of 21
I think I can relate... only it's a reverse in my part. I've had clients who thought I'm under billing them, that I'm not clocking in more hours and even suggested ways to maximize the weekly limit like 'try to find something else that you can do this week..' Didn't work though, lol. @OP: Maybe, it's just a mistake or a typo w/c should have been intended for the client you filed a dispute with; not the other one. Interesting though.. I'd be watching for updates on this. Goodluck Smiley Wink
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
14 of 21
Since the OP has 2 clients who gave him 2 star feedback, both complaining of "padded hours" I suspect it is both of those who oDesk is wanting to refund. I think this is a "lost in translation" situation.
Boby U Member Since: May 27, 2009
15 of 21
Hi Guys, I am currently resolving the case with Odesk now, and the new opened case of another client's project is already not mentioned and I am processing the original dispute. thank you for your guys opinion and hopefully this is the last time I got into this problem Smiley Happy
Muhammad U Member Since: Apr 28, 2015
16 of 21

I work with a client she dispute a file and said i delete her site.
what was in my favor
1-Contract was ended 15 days ago
2-Milestone was clear and paid
3-feedback was given
4-all credentials was take by client she revoke every thing
5-she claim that i chat with her on skype. but odesk can see my  odesk chat history our project was end with good handshake

Odesk now keep hold my all earnings. what i need to do?

I'm top rated odesk user
my feedback is 5/5 with all clients
my job success ration is 100%

what can possibilities? what will odesk do with me?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 21

Hi Muhammad,

Please, continue communicating with the oDesk team throught the ticket to provide any necessary information and resolve the situation. Once everything is clarified, your account will be resumed.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
18 of 21

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
19 of 21

Odesk will thoroughly investigate both client and freelancer and will take skype logs into consideration from your and from the client.

It will take awile. When I had a problem with a client it took 3 weeks to resolve the issue but my account earning were not frozen, except for the money in dispute.

20 of 21

Thanks for your reply

My question is this odesk dispute still valid if the milstone end and contract ended?

if client is not technical and not change his/her crdentials? then what can a freelancer do in that case?

what can possibilities to resolve this issue quickly?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS