cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odesk introduces new feature "Freelance Response on client feedback" not good

Highlighted
Abhishek P Member Since: Jan 10, 2013
1 of 9
I have recently done a job. And I was working with a personal assistant of my client and my client was technically unfit that's why he never contact me for work.But his personal assistant always contact me if any work for me. But recently P.A of my client leave that job and my client end my contact and leave feedback "He was working with an Ex employee" and I respond on his comment through new feature" Freelance Response on client feedback". My response on that comment is " He is technically unfit that why he hired a personal assistant who always contact me work work. It is looking like that client comment instead of freelancer response. Clients are sometime in hurry at the time of choosing right contractor for their job and he reads my feedback response as a client comment because previously there was only client comment option . So its not good for me. Odesk should give a option to change freelance response.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
2 of 9
There is usually more than one side to a story, and it's good for someone viewing a profile to be able to get a clearer view of what happened when a contract didn't work out. I can clearly see on your profile what you wrote and what your ex-client wrote. It's not hard to figure out who said what. However, in this case, both you and your ex-client have dug your own graves by making yourselves look unprofessional. I wouldn't work with either of you. "He was working with an ex-employee." So what? You're a freelancer and can work with whomever you want, unless you signed some kind of non-competition contract. This doesn't say anything about how well you did the job. As for you, responding with a personal insult is the height of unprofessionalism. You can provide constructive criticism and not reduce yourself to making personal attacks. The two of you sound like squabbling children, not businesspeople. Next time, think about what you are saying and how it will be perceived by others.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
3 of 9

Ouch! lol.... Be careful when playing in this sandbox.

Ron aka LanWanMan
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Maria F Member Since: Feb 1, 2010
4 of 9
So you call a client crazy but it is the feature that's not good. Breaking News: clients are not miss-reading your reply. They are reading it exactly as it: Freelancer Response (says so in big bold letters in front of the comment). They are not hiring you because you insulted a client for absolutely no reason. Also hiring a person to do a job you feel are not qualified to do is not exactly a bad thing. This is why YOU have work. This is why all clients come here. So I think with that reply you are pretty much done here.
Highlighted
Vernna E Member Since: Sep 22, 2008
5 of 9
How long does a freelancer's response to a client's feedback appear publicly in oDesk?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
6 of 9
It is public forever or until the next bug accidentally makes it invisible.
Highlighted
Yolanda P Member Since: Oct 30, 2008
7 of 9
Again, there are two sides of a story so this feature is perfectly fine. It would be unfair to just show the side of the employer because not all of them are right. It happened to me, so I know what it is like to received a devastating,God knows totally lies feedback. I wonder if oDesk would also add a feature that would only allow interested employers to see the feedback. Meaning, feedbacks are not shown (only the profile) but when an employer shows interest, that would give him/her the privilege of looking at the whole story in a profile.
Highlighted
Meraj S Member Since: Jan 6, 2015
8 of 9

is there any way to remove the freelancer response?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 9

Hi Meraj,

At this time the system does not allow editing or removing of feedback comment responses.

Thank you for your understanding!

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS