Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odesk test cheaters.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
11 of 49
As in the Day Trading test. There are two correct answers, depending on what year the questions are based on. If before Dec 2, 2010, then one of the two answer is correct, if after that date the other answer is correct. No hint really as to which set of rules the test is based on. When was the test itself written? There are brokers that even today can decide wheather they want to abid by what this rule does allow. I have two brokers, one allows it and the other does not. There are two other brokers that also allow it. Sometime back I wrote an article about this rule and how it is interupted by the different brokers, so I do know the answer, just give me which rules' date you use.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
12 of 49
Bloody cheaters! I hope oDesk does something about this. Report them.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
13 of 49
oDesk will not... This has been brought up before, like Spring of 2012 and nothing was ever done. If I remmeber right, not even a comment from oDesk. Some test timings were down in the 2 to 3 min range.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
14 of 49
[quote=Joseph C.]oDesk will not... This has been brought up before, like Spring of 2012 and nothing was ever done. If I remmeber right, not even a comment from oDesk. Some test timings were down in the 2 to 3 min range.[/quote] I will report one of them see what happens, I can't believe they are allowed to display Skill tests when it's so obvious they have cheated.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
15 of 49
good luck with that. like Louis said in another thread, it appears oDesk is more concerned now with quantity than quality. why would they care about the kind of contractors coming in? they're even using our own profiles to advertise "similar contractors", just to provide clients with as much choices as they can. :angry:
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Highlighted
Jose Francisco Ste R Member Since: Oct 20, 2010
16 of 49
Most of their members got impressive test scores too! Take a look.
Highlighted
Michael M Member Since: Oct 30, 2010
17 of 49
Based on what I saw on your comment, that is not really fair since there are some people out there cheating for their own sake. The admin should do some actions about this. NEEDS JUSTICE!!!
Highlighted
Emiberto G Member Since: May 21, 2013
18 of 49
In our world today, It is normal to have cheaters around us. You are in a better position If you did not cheat. At least your conscience is clear on this matter. Keep working for your career. Just don't mind the cheaters around, they will not affect you If you ignore them. Sometimes justice shall come too late for all of us; and this is a sad reality. Just continue working in an honest manner. God will reward you in the end. GOD BLESS & HAVE A NICE DAY.
Highlighted
Michael M Member Since: Oct 30, 2010
19 of 49
Yah that is true, if you have God fear you are going to continue all things happen in a good way...
Highlighted
Community Leader
Kim R Member Since: Apr 14, 2013
20 of 49
Agree with this. I did a few tests and found some of the range of answers were ambiguous, more than one correct answer. Also thought I would do very well in a few areas but only managed top 30%. If there are some many cheaters, I can see how the honest results are all pushed down. It is ridiculous that contractors are completing tests in less than 4 minutes, must be a copy and past job. These super fast responses should be detected as cheating and rejected. It makes the whole test system hard to believe. A smart client would steer clear of these type of contractors anyway. Also means that tests are probably not very random, cycling through a different range of questions each time it is run. So come on oDesk, a few simple enhancements could make your tests so much more credible.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS