Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odesk test cheaters.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
31 of 49

"Anyway, if someone feels it's worth cheating on an Upwork test they've basically failed at life."

lol it's funny cuz it's true.

You can buy test takers at Fiverr. Maybe Upwork could send a little corporate email to Fiverr.

Highlighted
Maen A Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
32 of 49

Hi all,

I think if anyone is to do exams they should stick with using the official exam centers like Thomson or Prometric.

I agree with Jennifer M's comment that only failures are ones who cheat.  Is Upwork going to action to resolve this issue? and if they are... How would you avoid cheating in an online test?

Cheers,

Max A

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
33 of 49

@Maen A wrote:

Hi all,

I think if anyone is to do exams they should stick with using the official exam centers like Thomson or Prometric.

I assume you would be very happy to travel to the Thomson and Prometric exam centers and pay the considerable fees????

The Upwork tests are run by Expertrating - they are not Upwork specific tests (except for the Upwork readiness ones)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen R Member Since: Jun 19, 2015
34 of 49

Upwork tests are a waste of time.

Look at my profile. I just took enough tests make my profile  public.

Im to busy working to take tests that Clients dont give a rip about.

Nice work by Max finding those cheaters. Absolute bums if you ask me.

CS3 and CS4? Hey guys aint that software old? **edited for Community Guidelines**

Watchout I am going to bust out my Aldus Freehand tests!

"Because make me a Excellent Graphics Designer."

Highlighted
Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
35 of 49

@Stephen R wrote:

Upwork tests are a waste of time.

Look at my profile. I just took enough tests make my profile  public.

To show your true disdain, purposely fail two more to offset those scores.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen R Member Since: Jun 19, 2015
36 of 49

Darrin, tests are awsome. In fact today i turned down 3 jobs because i was focusing on CS3 InDesign top score!

Regards

Stephen

Student of the Zulqarnaian & Jahanzeb Testing school.

"Because make me a Excellent Graphics Designer."

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
37 of 49

I took a couple of dozen mainly irrelevant tests one winter when I lived in North East Scotland.... Because when the weather is bad up there in the winter that's just about the most entertaining thing you CAN do....

It must have been a particularly dreary Sunday that tempted me to try the "U.S. Culture and Etiquette Test" - whatever possessed me????????

Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
38 of 49

The bottom line is this:

You may cheat in order to make your profile look good, or to try and impress someone with a qualification you don't have, or simply because you believe you will get away with it....who knows?

However, as the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding. So, cheat as you like, but at the end of the day the client is going to give you an extremely low rating and terrible feedback...and then you are going to cry and ask us this question: Why did my JS go down?

Now, before you ask that question, read the reason as to why!

Highlighted
Grant G Member Since: Oct 14, 2015
39 of 49

Max I completely agree with you - this is all a joke.

Firstly, who works for $3 to $15/hour in highly specialized skills - anyone working in the United States has no chance of getting any successful proposals.

There is definitely weird stuff going on - each client receives hundreds of proposals, and anyone with any skill is treated as a commodity for the lowest price.

How can anyone finish an exam in under 10 minutes - they are stupid enough to complete the exam in this time so everyone who has a skill can see they simply copied or cheated.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
40 of 49

Well with the new experience levels, we may as well shut up shop. But Grant, we are a commodity, or rather, products 

Think of this platform as a supermarket. Here we all are,  lined up on the shelves. Some of us are untried products on promotion (rising talent); some of us are ongoing, expensive items, necessary for the brand (top-rated); some of us have been tasted and enjoyed and may be enjoyed again (JSS 80 to 100%, but not yet branded); others are past their sell-by date and are (or should be dusted off); others are branded and packaged at the lowest price,  and then there are the products that are new but for various reasons, will not make it past quality control.

Need I go on?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS