🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Offensive Content?
Page options
calebtatum
Community Member

Offensive Content?

Hey All,

New to upwork, can't say how happy i am. I can't get off this platform. 

Anyway, I might have acted rashly. A client sent me files to edit for a video and it was alot of footage. A few hours in i started seeing a bit of offensive content in there (some towards women and some towards a specific race). I do have screenshots and (the folder of content unfortunately). I messaged the client and he didnt reply so i just cancelled the contract.

Not sure what to do now, should i have waited for him to reply. I honestly didn't want to be part of it. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Heart,

Could you please share more details with me via PM (click on my name) about your contract? Our team will investigate it further and will take proper actions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jr-translation
Community Member

Heart B wrote:

Hey All,

Anyway, I might have acted rashly. A client sent me files to edit for a video and it was alot of footage. A few hours in i started seeing a bit of offensive content in there (some towards women and some towards a specific race). I do have screenshots and (the folder of content unfortunately). I messaged the client and he didnt reply so i just cancelled the contract.

Not sure what to do now, should i have waited for him to reply. I honestly didn't want to be part of it. 

You need to get more familiar with the ToS.

colettelewis
Community Member

Heart B wrote:

Hey All,

Heart, I have  flagged your post. I think you were right to have cancelled the contract, but you must report the 'client'. Hopefully a moderator will join in and ask you to send him or her the details of the job offer. 

Thank you Nichola - I appreciate it

As i'm a new member(been trying to get on for about a year), i'm going through the identity and bank verification process so i wanted to wait till all that is done before starting off another customer support thread. 

Hi Heart,

Could you please share more details with me via PM (click on my name) about your contract? Our team will investigate it further and will take proper actions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have Dmed - Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths