cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offer Creation Failed?

febbyfebby
Intan Airlina F Member Since: Jan 13, 2015
1 of 13

A client wants to hire me as his freelancer, but odesk keep saying "offer creation failed" every time he clicks to hire me, are there any possibilities why this happened?

He made an offer below my request, and i already said okay, I also adjust the payment from my  side but this keep happening.

Any suggestions?

skarifhossain
Ace Contributor
Sk Arif H Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 13

Dear Intan,

Welcome to oDesk 🙂

I think the problem that the client cannot hire you is that the payment method he added on oDesk is not verifed yet. You may send this help article to your client which is posted on oDesk about setting a verified payment method. (He needs to login to see the article).

https://support.odesk.com/entries/23159888--Video-Hiring-on-oDesk-Setting-up-a-payment-method

If he still faces problem, I think you would ask him to contact oDesk CSS in order to resolve the issue.

Hope it helps and wish you all the best 🙂

Thanks,

Arif

febbyfebby
3 of 13

Dear Arif,

thank you  for the welcoming and the reply, but this client already a verified client. He tried to hire me a couple of times but keep failed. Is there any possibilities again beside that? 

Intan

david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
4 of 13

How much is he planning on paying you? 

If it's under $3.00 an hour then he won't be able to hire you even if you say it's okay. oDesk now has a minimum wage that clients have to use when hiring.

febbyfebby
5 of 13

Hi David, it's a fixed price of 25$ USD. Surely there is no problem with that?

mkprabhur
Community Leader
Manoj Kumar P Member Since: Nov 12, 2014
6 of 13

Please ask your client whether his payment method has sufficient funds. I think that error message occurs when milestone can't be charged to it.

anne_ginger
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
7 of 13

Oh and if you have a current contract with the same client (and if under the same team), he won't be able to click on hire or send an offer too. 

Btw, you are charging wayyyy too low for a doctor. $3.16 per hour? Try to change it to at least $3.33/hr and see if that works too but really, why are you doing data entry and working for $1 per project? I saw your jobs history.

Anyway, your client should just contact support. Support/oDesk cannot disclose details to you or to us here. They can fix this directly with your client.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
febbyfebby
8 of 13

thank you all,

you guys truly helped me a lot 🙂

just now he can hire me. problem solved  🙂

febbyfebby
9 of 13

Dianne,yeah, thanks for the note, because it's my first time in here, and I don't know how much to put it there.  I'll take your advice and make it higher. lol. Smiley LOL

I'm just wasting my time doing the data entry, cost me 15 minutes, and I don't have anything to do, so that's why.

Spoiler
Smiley Embarassed
skarifhossain
Ace Contributor
Sk Arif H Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 13

Dear Intan,

Just got another link with details procedure, guessing might be helpful:

https://support.odesk.com/entries/23133488

Thanks,

Arif

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS