🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Offer
Page options
ellaga_pril
Community Member

Offer

So I currently forgot to accept the offer since it's my first time to get a hourly rate I've been working for about 9-10 hours I don't know how to log in the hourly rate can I get my pay in that 9-10 hours of work?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Jeanne E wrote:
So I currently forgot to accept the offer since it's my first time to get a hourly rate I've been working for about 9-10 hours I don't know how to log in the hourly rate can I get my pay in that 9-10 hours of work?

You can (after accepting the offer) add manual time, provided the contract allows manual time. Bear in mind that manual time comes with no protection.

Obviously the contract has to be active for at least as long as the hours you will be adding to your work diary, as you can't add hours to time segments that are before the contract started.

Alternatively, the client can pay you as a bonus.

How to add manual time

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
petra_r
Community Member

Jeanne E wrote:

You can (after accepting the offer) add manual time, provided the contract allows manual time. Bear in mind that manual time comes with no protection.

Obviously the contract has to be active for at least as long as the hours you will be adding to your work diary, as you can't add hours to time segments that are before the contract started.

Alternatively, the client can pay you as a bonus.

How to add manual time

Would like to ask if how am I able to log in the hours and what does it meant by this?

Jeanne wrote:
what does it meant by this?

As I explained, you can't log time in segments that are before the contract started. So if you want to log 9 hours of manual time, you have to wait until the contract is at least 9 hours old.

So if the contract started at 10 am your time, you can't add 9 hours until 6 pm your time, at which point you can add 9 hours, from 10 am to 6 pm....

Jeanne wrote:
Would like to ask if how am I able to log in the hours?

How to add manual time

3755345a
Community Member

there are a few things you can do to resolve the situation:

1. Communicate with your employer: Reach out to your employer or supervisor and let them know about the situation. Explain that you forgot to accept the offer for an hourly rate and ask for guidance on how to proceed. They might have a procedure in place for handling such situations.

2. Keep track of your hours: Make sure to keep a record of the hours you have worked, including the start and end times of each work session. This information will be crucial in determining your pay.

nice

283e62a0
Community Member

Here are some steps you can take:

1. Communicate with the Client: Reach out to your client as soon as possible and explain the situation honestly. Let them know that you forgot to accept the offer and discuss your work hours.

2. Invoice for Your Work: Prepare an invoice detailing the number of hours you worked and the hourly rate you agreed upon (if you have a written agreement or a record of the agreed rate). Include any other relevant information requested by the client for payment processing.

3. Be Polite and Professional: Make sure your communication with the client is courteous and professional. Acknowledge the oversight and express your commitment to providing quality work in the future.

great

elisa_b
Community Member

Come on guys, you do not have anything better to do than resuscitating threads dating back to years ago with useless, canned replies? Or are you just bots? Enlighten me. 

Elisa B wrote:

Come on guys, you do not have anything better to do than resuscitating threads dating back to years ago with useless, canned replies? Or are you just bots? Enlighten me. 

Why miss an opportunity to give innacurate info while misusing a tool? 🤣

07cde080
Community Member

I'm sorry to hear that you forgot to accept the offer and log your hours. That's a common mistake that many new freelancers make, but don't worry, there are some ways to fix it.

First, you need to accept the offer as soon as possible, before it expires or the client withdraws it. To do this, go to your My Jobs page and click on the offer. Then, click on the Accept button and follow the instructions. You can learn more about how to accept an offer from this article or this article.

935d1fa9
Community Member

If you haven't already set up an hourly contract with your client, it's important to clarify the terms and details of the arrangement. You can discuss the hourly rate, total hours worked, and any specific project requirements.

b658d523
Community Member

it's important to follow these steps:

1. Log Your Time:

• Make sure you have the Upwork Desktop App installed.
    • Use the "Log Time" feature to enter the hours you've worked.
    • Provide a brief description of the work done during that time.
  2. Client Confirmation:

• Once you log your time, the client will receive a notification to review the hours you've submitted.
    • It's important to have open communication with the client about the work done and the hours logged.
  3. Accept the Offer:

• Accept the offer as soon as possible to formalize the contract and ensure that you can be paid for the work done.
  4. Upwork's Payment Protection:

• Upwork has a Payment Protection program for hourly contracts. If the client approves the hours you've logged, you should be eligible for payment.
  5. Discuss with the Client:

• If there are any issues or concerns, communicate with the client promptly. Discuss the hours worked and ensure both parties are on the same page.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members