🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Oh Hi. New here.
Page options
sergata
Community Member

Oh Hi. New here.

hmmm... and... I thought I'd just share with you a cover letter I received today..... 

🙂

Smiley LOL

5 REPLIES 5
kat303
Community Member

Well.... I don't know what to say about this. I do know that all of the words are in English, but I don't understand any of them. And here I was thinking that one cover letter that I received awhile ago toped everything (I do good work, pay me what you want) but now I guess you've toped that. 

I do admire anyone who can speak/understand a different language of their native language, but IMO this doesn't qualify for that. Perhaps the use of Google Translate produced that cover letter. This could be the reason many jobs go without hiring anyone. 

Communication with clients wants and freelancers understanding of that, would be a HUGE problem. 

dzadza
Community Member

last time I've seen some of those words was  when I was re-reading  Macbeth 😉
...and I'm not sure even google  translate would recognize some of them..it's like something between Jane Austen  and   Mahabharata...it's a very thoughtful concept with disastrous execution, I'd say.

...sorry for my primitive reply 😉

lysis10
Community Member

"waiting for your most primitive reply"

LOL

This is what paid connects were made from.

That is one brave freelancer.

I will be the first to admit that I have never stepped forward and put my cover letter or resumé up on a website in a language that wasn't my native language.

So kudos for sheer audacity.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Moshe, 

I had to edit your post because it violates the Upwork Community Guidelines. As a gentle reminder, please know that it is against the Community Guidelines to post email content, chat transcripts or other private communication. Thank you for understanding!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths