🐈 Community
pandoraharper

Old Contracts Concern - Professional Ways To Deal With This

Middle of last year I began to transition away from one set of provided services to another. Later in the year, while this transition was still ongoing, I accepted a couple of jobs. One I canceled early in because of sudden client scheduling conflicts (the client offered to keep the contact open however), and the other job simply petered out after a couple of months.

Now I'm rather concerned about the state of my account (I don't want to be flagged). And with the new changes coming, I'm working on a number of things regarding my account and profile. Spring cleaning, in a sense.

At this point, both of these jobs are "paused by Odesk". I've sent message via oDesk to both clients, and haven't heard back. I could reach out to both via Skype, but feel this might be rather intrusive.

I'm hoping that one of you who has come across this recently might be able to give me some tips about the most "professional" way to handle this. My "reputation" on oDesk is pretty good, and one of the clients is pretty established on oDesk. I'd hate for any of us to be "flagged".

2 REPLIES 2
suznee

I sent an email and ask them since they weren't using me at this time could we please close the contract and if they needed me at a later date that I would be available if I had the time. But of course he had my email and Skype. I did not bother him on Skype but was very nice about it and stated that I would like to close the contract if he was not going to use me right away as it made it look like I had more work then I did open and I would appreciate if he would close it for now, but if he needed me in the future and i was free to please feel free to contact me.

He closed the contract and left feedback. I know not are all so simple, but you could try emailing if you have an email address, check Skpe to see if there is other contact info on it sometimes there is an email if you don't have one.

@Suzanne N wrote:

I sent an email and ask them since they weren't using me at this time could we please close the contract and if they needed me at a later date that I would be available if I had the time. But of course he had my email and Skype. I did not bother him on Skype but was very nice about it and stated that I would like to close the contract if he was not going to use me right away as it made it look like I had more work then I did open and I would appreciate if he would close it for now, but if he needed me in the future and i was free to please feel free to contact me.

He closed the contract and left feedback. I know not are all so simple, but you could try emailing if you have an email address, check Skpe to see if there is other contact info on it sometimes there is an email if you don't have one.

Thanks for your input, Suzanne. I can probably dig out emails for both clients and if not, I can IM via Skype. I guess I should start drafing something professonal to send either way.