Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Old Odesk Profile Still Visible

bradchalupski
Bradley C Member Since: Sep 1, 2016
1 of 7

Hello,

I did some work on Odesk, and have come back to the site after a few years away. I see you rebranded, and so I was asked to recreate a profile, which I did. However, my old Odesk profile is still showing. I now have two accounts showing when I search my name.

Please advise what I should be doing to fix this.

Thanks in advance,

Bradley

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 7

You're only supposed to have 1 account. If you created a new one, you should contact customer service to kill this one and give you access to the old one.

bradchalupski
Bradley C Member Since: Sep 1, 2016
3 of 7

Hi Jennifer, 

Thank you for your reply. Honestly, someone had told me that the site rebranded, and I just assumed I needed to make a new profile. I found the old one while searching for myself just to see how my profile worked. It used a different email address, which I guess is why it let me create a second one.

I've gotten access to the old one, and deleted it. Do you think I should still contact support at this point? Do you know what email address I can use?

Thanks for the help!

Best,

Bradley

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 7

Yes, this can get you suspended. You have to delete the new one and go back to the old one.

ahammed_farid
Community Guru
Farid Ahammed B Member Since: May 30, 2016
5 of 7
Hi Bradley, you have mentioned you had old profile, why you did not try to log in your old profile. Anyway you can contact with customer support for that issue, If you remember your old profile user and pass then you can log in and deactivate your old profile
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 7

Hi Bradley,

Thank you for closing your duplicate account. You should be alright now but please make sure you don't create any new accounts in the future.

~ Valeria
Upwork
shakeel_saleem1
Shakeel S Member Since: Sep 1, 2016
7 of 7

Hi! All,

Thanks everyone for these helpfull words,Same thing happend when me and i was about to go with another upwork account still waiting for more part time work,hopfull i will get it from these helpfull tip

Shakeel Saleem

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS