🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Old account with history
Page options
weaselfsk
Community Member

Old account with history

I'm struggling with finding clients here. I started with upwork when I was student. I have 1k$+ with 26 minor jobs, I never had big contract on upwork or hourly contract (graphic/web design). I had my last contract in may 29/2019 and after that date I found another job in my city in marketing dpt.

I know I can't create new profile, because upwork will ban both accounts lol. But I also cant get a contract cuz my profile is not that appealing to clients. When they see 1k$ and inactive account wich been offline for few years they wont hire me.

Also I lost my Job Succes Rate... Ugh...

Anyone had this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
mipaparazzi
Community Member

I had a similar issue but a diffferent case scenero, I think its best to keep pushing for job proposals with the long standing acct. with time you can get your JSS back, in my case I had to let go the acct because I didn't quite understand the platform then, If I had to go back in time I won't do that. More wins to you.

Yeeeah, I know its better to have long term account. I cant even get a 5$ "remove background" job 😄

I have applied to 20-25 proposals and still no luck to even get in touch with client heh...

Thanks for reply btw 😃

Hi Eduard,

Thanks for reaching out! I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~ Joanne
Upwork
filip_knezevic
Community Member

Just start over man. It is actually good to have earnings on your profile. You wanted to make break from freelancing. Nothing wrong there.

But as a graphical designer, your profile will not snatnd out without any samples of your work.

I would compare my profile with profiles of top Upwork freelancers in my niche and try to adjust it so it would look more apealing. 

In my opinion it's a combination of good proposal writing, lot of luck and dedication (not giving up) that lands you those first jobs.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths