🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Old android app
Page options
visualstudio
Community Member

Old android app

Hello,  this thread is maybe not related to Upwork, but have a connection. I have Samsung galaxy tablet, and it has android version 5.11 , now Upwork app can not work on it, I checked for an update in my tablet and there wrote: the last version updated, software up to date and not have an option on the tablet to make new android version.

How to solve it, I googled and all advice was: check your phone/tablet and click to update.... It means, I must manually update android but how ?  

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
louisaj
Community Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy tablet. However, I started with Marshmallow (Android 6.0) and it automatically updated as a new version came out. However, it now won't update past version 8.1 (Oreo). I think there is a limit before you are forced to buy a new machine. 

I am gathering if you have tablet, you have a tablet plan, that you pay a phone company for 4G internet access, and so on. I'm not sure what country you are in, but I am sure the shop that provides that service or sells Samsung Galaxies will be able to advise you on the update process. 

Failing that, you may have to consider a new tablet. I know they are expensive, but consider it a tool for your job. Android is now on Android 10.0.

I believe only 7.1 to 10.0 is now supported, so you would have to update from 5.1 to 6.0, to 7.1, which is no mean feat. 

Good luck. 

My mobile phone android 7.1.1 version does not support to Upwork app

Please help

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The Upwork for Freelancers Android app requires an Android 8.0+ device with Google Play services. You may use your mobile browser instead to log in to Upwork. Here are the supported browsers.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members