Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old android app

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Aleksandar T Member Since: Oct 5, 2015
1 of 2

Hello,  this thread is maybe not related to Upwork, but have a connection. I have Samsung galaxy tablet, and it has android version 5.11 , now Upwork app can not work on it, I checked for an update in my tablet and there wrote: the last version updated, software up to date and not have an option on the tablet to make new android version.

How to solve it, I googled and all advice was: check your phone/tablet and click to update.... It means, I must manually update android but how ?  

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
2 of 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy tablet. However, I started with Marshmallow (Android 6.0) and it automatically updated as a new version came out. However, it now won't update past version 8.1 (Oreo). I think there is a limit before you are forced to buy a new machine. 

I am gathering if you have tablet, you have a tablet plan, that you pay a phone company for 4G internet access, and so on. I'm not sure what country you are in, but I am sure the shop that provides that service or sells Samsung Galaxies will be able to advise you on the update process. 

Failing that, you may have to consider a new tablet. I know they are expensive, but consider it a tool for your job. Android is now on Android 10.0.

I believe only 7.1 to 10.0 is now supported, so you would have to update from 5.1 to 6.0, to 7.1, which is no mean feat. 

Good luck. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS