🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Old company using my name on upwork
Page options
sukritmehra
Community Member

Old company using my name on upwork

Hi,

I’ve switched company in April and my old company is still using my name in their organisation on upwork. How can I report for it and I want them to stop using my name on upwork?

Link of old company profile :
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks and Regards
Sukrit Mehra

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sukrit,

Thank you for reporting this. Our team will investigate it further for violations of our TOS and take proper actions. 

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Sukrit M wrote:

I’ve switched company in April and my old company is still using my name in their organisation on upwork. How can I report for it and I want them to stop using my name on upwork?

But by switching company you should never have created a new profile, which is a violation of the ToS - you should have left the agency WITH your profile... Or was the agency profile the duplicate considering that the one you are posting from is 7 years old?

This one is my old profile and I’ve deactivated my personal account when I worked their as per their policy. So when I left from their I saw they’ve not delete or deactivate my organisation account.

Sukrit M wrote:
This one is my old profile and I’ve deactivated my personal account when I worked their as per their policy. So when I left from their I saw they’ve not delete or deactivate my organisation account.

Nope, that's not how the rules are. You should have been added to the agency on your original account and have left with your original account. Having two accounts is always a violation, even if one is deactivated.

So what should I do now? Is there any solution for this?
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members