Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On a Happy Note..

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
1 of 10

Since there has been so much negative feedback on Odesk I would like to start a Happy Note's Post... Those who have wonderful long or short term Clients please reply and tell us about your positive experience. 

Clients you can jump in here and tell us your wonderful experience with you contractors.

I will start off with I have two clients I have been with for 2 years or a bit more I would not trade in for anything even if the rates are a bit lower. They have been wonderful to work for.

Next?

forcitcample
Community Leader
bharti s Member Since: May 3, 2010
2 of 10

Next ::  someone from my known account was closed and reinstated back by odesk saying it was made in Error .  🙂 

aseembhalla
Community Guru
Aseem B Member Since: Dec 20, 2014
3 of 10

I think this is a much awaited thread. Kudoes to Suzzane. It was becoming rather stressful to see all the negative posts about various issues people are facing.

I have worked with a few long term clients who have hired me for multiple projects. One of them even offered an ongoing contract with full time work. I personally would not have survived without them because it is really tough to repetitively apply for short term jobs as each client has different expectations and you do not always click with everyone. 

Luckily most of my clients had been fair with the way they work and I wish I will work with them again.

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
4 of 10

I have some amazing long-term clients on oDesk.

Recently, I asked 2 of them if we could continue at a higher rate. Not only did both of them happily agree, one of them said I deserved even higher and another renewed our contract at a rate higher than I had asked 😄 People like that make me really happy.

I have other great clients too - some I work for at a lower rate, but they're just so easy and reliable to work with!

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
5 of 10

The Dutch: The majority of my clients have been from the Netherlands and every one has been polite, appreciative and generous.

Americans: Often tip if happy with the result

Eastern Europeans: Very professional, always offer fair contract terms.

g_nembhard
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
6 of 10

I've worked with a variety of clients from Australia, the US, Europe and the UK.

Amongst the scammers there are a lot of genuine, nice and professional clients who are really on here to hire.

There are people with whom I have a nice relationship and I'd be more than happy to work with again. Some do approach me with new work.

As I say to a lot of freelancers, it's not all bad on here.

natram
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
7 of 10

I am very fortunate to have amazing clients with rock solid relationships. New, old, long-term and short-term clients have not only been extremely hepful and pleasant to work with, but also extremely patient with oDesk when technical issues were causing us a delay. 

People who know me in this forum know that I am not oDesk's biggest fan. I have already tried to leave oDesk once because it got to the point where technical issues and support were taking up most of my time and I was simply fed up with it. When i turned to my clients to explain the situation and ask them to hire someone else instead, they all told me no; it was out of question. Instead, they pushed back deadlines and went out of their way to make things work for me. 

I knew our relationship was great, but the bond between us was even stronger than I thought. The messages I received in response from my clients were incredible. Three years of trust and hard work have definitely left their marks. Not even oDesk can break that bond. Had it not been for my clients I would not be here today at all. It's times like this when clients put a smile on your face and make you power through.

suznee
Community Guru
8 of 10

It is really refreshing to see positive comments about clients or freelancers (although I haven't) seen a client post in here. I did the other day in another thread though about his good experience on Odesk.

I really hope that some read this and see that there really are some wonderful clients on Odesk. I was fortunate when I started. I only had one weird experience which was I was hired for a contract and the guy disappearred when I first started. Odesk tried to help me with it, but I ended up ending the contract as he never bothered to contact me back.  Guess he had hired several of us and the same thing happened, but I have not had a bad experience with any of my clients.

Now trying to find one to fit into the little bit of time I have available right now is another story he he ..

Thank you all for sharing!

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
9 of 10

It would be nice if odesk had a little competition to find the most popular freelancers among the clients; maybe some acknowledgement of the good relations they've built up with their clientete.

suznee
Community Guru
10 of 10

I am not sure how a competition would do much good since some freelancers work a lot of short jobs and others work long term. I wouldn't be considered at the top as I have had a few jobs but two have been extremely long term and on going. 

So unless you broke it down to long term and short term I don't see how it would be fair or honest.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS