rgodsell123

Onboarding Process - No Business Documents?

Hi, 

I got invited to a job by upwork talent group which requires me to provide some business documents etc. 

Unfortunately i dont have any of those. Literally my only 'freelancing proof' is my profile on upwork, i've yet to compelte any jobs on here, and i dont have any business documents which they describe.

I dont want to let this job slip away though, so is there anything i can do? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robbie,

I encourage you to read the information that you see on your onboarding panel and the list of documents that are accepted. We'll also have somebody from the team follow up with you and answer any questions you may have.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10

Did they ask for these? All I had to do was accept the offer and the compliance team took care of the rest. 

The only time I had to submit paperwork was for the standard I-9 and tax info for the Upwork Payroll group. I did two standard jobs for them before that and needed no docs.

You should clarify with your Upwork contact. You should have one person who recruited you and then one person who is your contact. Ask them to clarify.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

@Robbie G wrote:

Hi, 

I got invited to a job by upwork talent group which requires me to provide some business documents etc. 

Unfortunately i dont have any of those. Literally my only 'freelancing proof' is my profile on upwork, i've yet to compelte any jobs on here, and i dont have any business documents which they describe.

I dont want to let this job slip away though, so is there anything i can do? 

If you cannot proof your business then there is no businines and you cannot work for the talent group. 

When you go through the proces, it looks like you have a ton of paperwork you have to give them but his contact should be able to clarify. The contact is who he should ask.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robbie,

I encourage you to read the information that you see on your onboarding panel and the list of documents that are accepted. We'll also have somebody from the team follow up with you and answer any questions you may have.

~ Valeria
Upwork