megamorph

One contract, Two Work records? Work Record Bug?

Hi I really need your help, There is a wierd thing that happend to my upwork profile. This is what happened. I have a fulltime work, I've been working on it for about two years now, I went on my upwork profile and I saw that it is divided on two work records, the one is recorded feb 2017 to feb 2018 and it does not have a feed back and the other one is Feb 2018 to present. Please take note that this is a continuous contract. Last week it was recorded on my profile Feb 2017 to present.  I worry that other clients would think it was a bad work because it does not have a Feedback which I think would not be fair because I've done a great Job on it. Please help

5 REPLIES 5
rverang

They are 2 different contracts, obviously from the same client.

Your hourly rate increased by a dollar as seen in the screenshot.

Client closed your contract last February, then sent you a new offer with the increased rate. Not sure how you won't remember accepting the offer.

The first one is a test Job same client it was completed now issues with that. it was on January 2017 to Feb 2017. Then after that we started a new contract it was a fulltime Job Feb 2017 up to now. it was a continuous work the problem is that on my profile it is showing as two different contract one is showing Feb 2017 to Feb 2018 with no feedback and the other one feb 2018 to present. but in reality it is just one continuous contract. I already got in touch with upwork support they are now fixing the bug.  By the way thanks for the help

@Christian B wrote:

Then after that we started a new contract it was a fulltime Job Feb 2017 up to now. it was a continuous work the problem is that on my profile it is showing as two different contract one is showing Feb 2017 to Feb 2018 with no feedback and the other one feb 2018 to present. but in reality it is just one continuous contract. I already got in touch with upwork support they are now fixing the bug.  By the way thanks for the help

There is no bug. You got a payrise of a Dollar per hour and that creates a new contract automatically. It always does that and no client thinks any less of you because of that, you have a 100% JSS.

@Petra R wrote:

@Christian B wrote:

Then after that we started a new contract it was a fulltime Job Feb 2017 up to now. it was a continuous work the problem is that on my profile it is showing as two different contract one is showing Feb 2017 to Feb 2018 with no feedback and the other one feb 2018 to present. but in reality it is just one continuous contract. I already got in touch with upwork support they are now fixing the bug.  By the way thanks for the help

There is no bug. You got a payrise of a Dollar per hour and that creates a new contract automatically. It always does that and no client thinks any less of you because of that, you have a 100% JSS.

Ah. This I didn't know.

So client has the option to change the hourly rate in an existing contract?

This then triggers the closure of the said contract as well as creation of a new contract...?

@Renante V wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

@Christian B wrote:

Ah. This I didn't know.

So client has the option to change the hourly rate in an existing contract?

This then triggers the closure of the said contract as well as creation of a new contract...?

The client can increase (only) the hourly rate.

The freelancer can lower (only) the hourly rate.

Either action ends the current contracts and starts a new one automatically.

Generally those two contracts then get merged.