🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: One internet connection
Page options
kashiffumer
Community Member

One internet connection

To Whom It May Concern. 

Can you please guide me in the domain of the below questions?

(1) Can we use two different Upwork accounts with different niches and different computers on the same internet connection?

(2) If yes to the above question, then I have used one of my laptops for my current Upwork account but now I am giving it to my brother and he's going to open his Upwork account with each and everything different from the account to billing and withdrawal methods, but he will be using the same Internet connection on which I am using my current Upwork account. So what to do with that laptop? 

Looking forward to your kind answers

Thank You 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kashif U wrote:

Hi Bojan S.

Thank you for reaching out to me. 

Can you explain the term (as you don’t share your account with another person)?

The laptop I am giving to my brother has been used for my current UpWork account, which now I am using on the same internet connection with a different computer. what about this?

Thank you 

It means you brother must not have access to your Upwork account nor you to his. You can use as many different computers as you like and share one with as many people as you like, but you can only work on one hourly contract at a time per account. Make sure you are always logged in with the correct account.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kashif,

You are allowed to share the same IP address and computer/laptop with more users as long as you don’t share your account with another person. It’s important that you don’t share your log in credentials with anybody and don’t log into other users’ accounts as it’s a serious violation of Upwork TOS.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan S.

The laptop I am giving to my brother has been used for my current UpWork account, which now I am using on the same internet connection with a different computer. what about this?

Thank you 

Kashif U wrote:

Hi Bojan S.

Thank you 

It means you brother must not have access to your Upwork account nor you to his. You can use as many different computers as you like and share one with as many people as you like, but you can only work on one hourly contract at a time per account. Make sure you are always logged in with the correct account.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths