cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One last plea

Ace Contributor
Kristen B Member Since: May 20, 2009
1 of 14

This is my one last plea to Odesk to please get rid of this Connects system. For the first time since 2009, when I started my journey here on Odesk, I am seriously considering going out to look for a job in the "real world" I was so ecstatic when I came across odesk and was able to quit my crappy job and go full time. Last year I earned over $30,000 from odesk alone and was making up to $1000/week at my peak. Now, I am lucky if I make $200 week. I can't do it anymore. I'm falling behind on my debts and have had to ask my husband to pay my car payment and credit cards, and other medical expenses, something I hated doing because I wanted to help contribute to the family expenses. I've talked to past clients who said they left odesk simply because it got too expensive. 

Obviously, the best freelancers here are complaining. I've read the forums.

Please, before I go look for another crappy job that I know I will hate, please reconsider going back to the original way of looking for jobs and get rid of the connects system. Leave it to Elance.

Community Leader
Bob H Member Since: Feb 18, 2009
2 of 14

please see my post about April and put down that april was worse for you.  Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
3 of 14

Why do I get YIKES when I click on Kristen's profile?

Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
4 of 14

Yes, and an icon of the most butch one from the Vllage People!

Ace Contributor
5 of 14

wrote:

Why do I get YIKES when I click on Kristen's profile?

odesk glitch

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
6 of 14

Yep, YIKES!

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
7 of 14

I think we get "Yikes" because this may be part of the phishing scam on oDesk.  I got an email through oDesk about a totally new site.  I saw on the Forum that it was a phishing scheme and I forwarded my email to oDesk.  This was the same time frame as this post.  Hmmm.

Community Guru
Khadezatul K Member Since: May 1, 2015
8 of 14

About yikes

I am also seeing this

Community Guru
Mr M Member Since: Apr 27, 2013
9 of 14

I am totally agree with you , in the month of april I earned about 0 $ and that was about 500 to 600 in march or feb .

The connect system is just bad and really bad for me ,

you can see that i have done at least more than 50 projects on odesk and my rating is also not bad 4.91 , with 1300+ hours . 

Actually before i dont applies to too many jobs but the things was that there was some good clients on odesk , those who were interested in hiring people with skills and now >>> only cheap clients are left , those who want to work for them in free or work for them as a test of 1 hour .

More than 50% jobs in the past month was posted and no one is been hired on those jobs.

so where is odesk going now??  Up or Down .

"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"
Ace Contributor
10 of 14

Dear Odesk, you win. I surrender.

I'll play your connections game, but I'm not happy about it. Woman Indifferent

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS