Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of my Upwork clients has an affiliate that wants to work with me

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mariette R Member Since: Jan 22, 2015
11 of 15

Hi Petra

Thanks, need to be sure, do not want any issues that will get me kicked off the platform - check the text in red here below - this is where my doubt comes in. Is there any way I can check to make absolutely sure I am complying legally?

Thank you again

Mariette

You acknowledge and agree that a substantial portion of the compensation Upwork receives for making the Site available to you is collected through the Service Fee described in Section 5.1. Upwork only receives this Service Fee when a Client and a Freelancer pay and receive payment through the Site. Therefore, for 24 months from the time you identify or are identified by any party through the Site (the “Non-Circumvention Period”), you agree to use the Site as your exclusive method to request, make, and receive all payments for work directly or indirectly with that party or arising out of your relationship with that party (the “Upwork Relationship”). For the avoidance of doubt, if you, or the business you represent, did not identify and were not identified by another party through the Site, such as if you and another User worked together before meeting on the Site, then the Non-Circumvention Period does not apply. If you use the Site as an employee, agent, or representative of another business, then the Non-Circumvention Period applies to you and other employees, agents, or representatives of the business when acting in that capacity with respect to the other User.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 15

Ah but you are NOT working with a new client off the site.

You are bringing that client ON the site and are using your link to do so Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
13 of 15

Thanks Petra, I will use my link to onboard them on to Upwork in that case, thank you so very much.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
14 of 15

Hi Petra, everyone

Happy to report my link was used by the client successfuly and then Upwork Help Center approved it and all is well, I have my first Private Client : )

Thank you all again for the help!

Mariette

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
15 of 15

@Mariette R wrote:

Happy to report my link was used by the client successfuly and then Upwork Help Center approved it and all is well, I have my first Private Client : )

That's just great Mariette, Well done and thanks for updating Smiley Happy

Enjoy your 0% contract!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS