🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » One of my client is threatening for complaini...
Page options
fulltodesign
Community Member

One of my client is threatening for complaining about me in customer service.

Hey there, I got a job and after an agreement with the client, we created the first milestone. I finished the milestone with all the necessary revisions. He liked my work and was trying to convince me to do some more work at a really cheap price. But I quoted a fair amount and after some negotiation, he agree to pay me the fair amount. When I submitted the work and he approved the second milestone, after that I asked him permission to put the work in my portfolio but he again started asking for a discount. I told him that is not a way of doing business. And I don't know what was wrong with him, he came up with a topic of the first milestone, and again asked him for a revision and the thing is I already did a revision and he was happy about that. I tried to explain to him that I already put enough time into the work and now I will not gonna do that again. He got angry and he threaten me to go to customer service. I have given him bad feedback. What should I do now? I am new to Upwork.

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

It is an empty threat. Meaningless.

A client can't threaten you by saying he will tell Upwork Customer Service about something that HE is doing wrong.

That makes no sense.

Don't even respond to such silliness.

The contract is over.

Block him.

The end.

alexandernovikov
Community Member

Well, to be fair, many clients are against freelancers putting "their" work as portfolio items. It's a pretty standard contract term to not to. You should have asked for it beforehand, and maybe actually offered a discount for that. I never take it for granted that i can advertise what i've done for this or that client...

Alexander N wrote:

Well, to be fair, many clients are against freelancers putting "their" work as portfolio items. It's a pretty standard contract term to not to. You should have asked for it beforehand, and maybe actually offered a discount for that. I never take it for granted that i can advertise what i've done for this or that client...

What part of "after that I asked him permission to put the work in my portfolio" did you not understand?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members