🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » One of the client send a file whcih i thing c...
Page options
yasirabbasii
Community Member

One of the client send a file whcih i thing contain viruse what i do to report him

Hello,

One of the client sends me a zip file to check I open the file. and there is one file that i think contains a virus I am not sure its looks like it because the file name is development. pdf but in reality it's .exe file. How i can check whether it's a virus or not and how i can report that person. Looking forward for your suggestions. Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Yasir,

I would be happy to help. I shared your report with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

Additionally, I also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Feel free to also check this thread and this help article to help you stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
yasirabbasii
Community Member

Thanks for your response. Yesterday i received an email from Upwork that they had already deducted that the file was infected and now they removed that job. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths