🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » One of the employers is being very rude to me
Page options
maritxu110
Community Member

One of the employers is being very rude to me

Hi everyone,

I really need your help, I am very worried. The fact is that a month ago I spent about an hour on an application (because it was too long), but I never had any answer, I saw that the employer was connected the I sent her a message asking about the position, she was very proud saying that I had a lack of skills then I told her that it would be nice from her to answer to whom did the application just to tell them that they were not selected but she says that comment was very unprofessional of me and I will never had the opportunity to work for them, just fo being honest.

Not happy with that this lady left a really bad message on my profile and block me later not giving me the opportunity to say anything. the only way to defense myself and say something was to write something on google reviews, I chequed that she had already 4 bad reviews. not anymore because she made up with other positive reviews, not happy with that she sent me another message through upwork threatening that I should remove that comment from google review, she had notified his lawyer, Upwork a google review...I don't have the opportunity to do nothing, to tell the true, nothing...

Any recommendation?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
2591126f
Community Member

There was no need  to go after and  pester the client. Clients are under no obligation to reply to everyone who applies to a job. If you do not hear back that means they have not selected you.

I do not properly understand how you initiated a conversation with a client unless they replied back to your proposal. Probably you worked with them before or you contacted them else where. That was unwanted.

And going after a client and messing their google review as a revenge for not accepting your proposal or not having a nice chat with you is as unprofessional and as wrong as it  can get.

If anyone has a reason to complaint here, it is the client and not you. 

Vivek K wrote:

There was no need  to go after and  pester the client. Clients are under no obligation to reply to everyone who applies to a job. If you do not hear back that means they have not selected you.

I do not properly understand how you intialted a conversation with a client unless they replied back to your proposal. Probably you worked with them before or you contacted them else where. That was unwanted.

And going after a client and messing their google review as a revenge for not accepting your proposal or not having a nice chat with you is as unprofessional and as wrong as it  can get.

If anyone has a reason to complaint here, it is the client and not you. 

Agree with this 100%. You (OP) were unprofessional in bugging a prospective client and then telling them they need to send rejection letters. She was under no obligation to respond your proposal. Then you go find a place to leave her a bad review when you've never worked with her? I'm pretty sure harassing a client outside the platform is a TOS violation or at least frowned upon. 

moonraker
Community Member

Maria S wrote:

the only way to defense myself and say something was to write something on google reviews,

Because she chose not to hire you?

Wow! Skills (or lack thereof) aside, I would not want to hire you either going by some of the feedback you leave for other clients. I don't think Upwork is the right platform for you, Maria. 

It sounds like you somehow found out this woman's information and contacted her outside of Upwork, which is strictly against the rules. Your behaviour is shockingly unprofessional in any case. You'll be lucky if Upwork doesn't ban your account.

If you haven't done so already, take down your review and apologise to the client, and hope that this goes no further.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths