🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Ongoing Contract
Page options
clarkgareth
Community Member

Ongoing Contract

Hey All,

I am new to upwork and i am trying to build my profile.

I have a client who is paying me a fixed month rate for services that i offer. They are very happy with the work that i am doing and every month i get paid and a new milestone created. However because we have always had one open contract they have not reviewed me. So my questions:

1) Is there a way for them to post a review given that we have worked together for a number of months without closing the contract?

2) If not then should i ask them maybe if we can end the current contract at the end of the month so that they can review me and then create a new contract to carry on work?

3) If i do close this and open a new contract will i then get charged 20% fee by upwork on the new contract again or it will stay at the reduced rate as the contract is already far over $500 at the moment.

Thanks for any assistance!

1 REPLY 1
andreag22
Community Member

To answer your questions:

1) No

2) You could, but I don't see why you would want to do that, a long term relationship is good. If this is a part-time job, why not focusing on getting other short term contracts to get more reviews?

3) The 10% fee applies to you and your client, so any contract you create with them you will be charged the 10% fee.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members