Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing project

David S Member Since: Apr 7, 2017
1 of 5

Alright,

I'm a little bit confused here.
I've got one great client that keeps sending me projects (1 or 2 every month or two) and he told me that there will be more in the future. 

I've heard of "ongoing" project type of contract but I'm not sure how that actually works, as we are not working together that often.

If we leave the current project open (the one that is currently open in my profile), would that affect my score in any way?

Thank you,
David

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 5

David:

If you have a "long term" relationship with a client, that counts positively toward your Job Success Score.

Whether that is through a single contract or multiple contracts.

For the purposes of calculating the Job Success Score, if you have been working for the same client for over three months, and you earned money from that client during the past month, then that is considered a "long term" client.

It is not necessary for your client to hire you and close contracts and re-hire you repeatedly. Although that is a legitimate option.

Either way can lead to high JSS, even a score of 100%.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 5

@Preston H wrote:

It is not necessary for your client to hire you and close contracts and re-hire you repeatedly. Although that is a legitimate option.

It is not only "a legitimate option" - it is FAR better for the freelancer for a number of reasons.

Christopher M Member Since: May 26, 2018
4 of 5

Hi Petra. What are the several reasons why having several one-time projects with one client instead of one ongoing project is "far better" for the freelancer? Thank you!

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
5 of 5

I leave my ongoing clients' contracts open unless they don't send me any work for a period of several months. There are pros and cons to closing out old contracts and opening new. You'll have to decide how you want to manage your work. But as Preston pointed out, having long-term clients is beneficial. Check out your stats page to see what your percentages look like. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS