cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Visibility

Community Guru
Gyan D Member Since: Sep 4, 2014
11 of 29

Wonder if Upwork could add a "confidence in this platform" metric to their algorithm.

Would you be confident in that metric?

Community Leader
Julie T Member Since: Sep 29, 2011
12 of 29

@Gyan D wrote:

Wonder if Upwork could add a "confidence in this platform" metric to their algorithm.

Would you be confident in that metric?

Well since I can't even access my profile anymore and I am locked into an old clients messages, I guess not. I can't even file a support ticket. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 29

Hi Julie,

I am sorry about the confusion. Could you please clarify how do you see that your account was combined with your client's? Did the client give you admin or hiring manager permissions?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Leader
14 of 29

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Julie,

I am sorry about the confusion. Could you please clarify how do you see that your account was combined with your client's? Did the client give you admin or hiring manager permissions?

Hi Val, 

Nope. This is actually an old client from a couple of years ago who wanted to keep the contract open in case she needed a consult or to bring on a therapist. At this point, my account seems to be completely scrambled and I cannot access my information, my profile, or anything since I am stuck in the clients empty message thread.  I have not contacted support since I cannot access it. Yes, I have cleared the cache, restarted the browser, ect. 

I am emailing my clients on this platform to inform them so they can hire someone else. 

Thanks for checking in with me. 

15 of 29

Hi Julie,

Can you click on your picture in the right upper corner and select your name from the drop down list? It should direct you to your freelancer profile. Also, here is a direct link to the Help Center so you can submit a request.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Leader
16 of 29

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Julie,

Can you click on your picture in the right upper corner and select your name from the drop down list? It should direct you to your freelancer profile. Also, here is a direct link to the Help Center so you can submit a request.

Thank you for your patience.

Ummm... nope. I am stuck in this another account in limbo land. I have let my clients know they need to  find other freelancers since who know if/ when this will be fixed. If I decide to keep this account open, I will set aside a few hours to deal with support. I fully expect my account to be suspended because of this irregularity. 

Thank you for your assistance 

17 of 29

Hi Setu,

That's true, in the new message system the user will show online (green) or idle (yellow) if logged into upwork.com (for all tabs). If the user is offline there will be a grey circle around their picture. Additionally, we have a functionality for you to show as offline even when online. Just click on your name and choose "Invisible."

I hope this information helps

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
18 of 29

OK, I think I know now why I don't have the visibility buttons; it's because I chose to stay with the old messaging system. I'll let the adventurous freelancers beta test the new system and maybe I'll switch to it at some point, unless I'm missing out on something essential by not switching right away.

19 of 29

How do you update to the new messaging system?

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
20 of 29
Not sure if that is possible if it has not been "turned on" on your profile. But you can try this link

https://www.upwork.com/messages/rooms/directory/

Let me know if it works.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS