Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
22 of 29
Glad to know. Cheating the system a bit Smiley Happy
Don't say a word.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
23 of 29

Am I supposed to put myself Invisible every time I click between different tabs on my profile? Why can’t it stay invisible until I decide to put it back to online?

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
24 of 29
Well that's an inconvenient oversight, or rather a nuisance.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
25 of 29

Hi Aleksandra,

If you selected "Invisible," you will show as offline even if you navigate to other tabs and even to a client or agency profiles if you have any. Are you experienceing it differently?

If you selected online, then you will show as online as long as you are logged in and have any Upwork tab open. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
26 of 29

Hi Valeria,

My online status always changes when I switch between views. If I go to “Reports” and set my status to invisible and then navigate to let’s say “My jobs” I become online again. It won’t remember my status. So basically I am always online regardless what I choose.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
27 of 29

Thank you for replying, Aleksandra. I'll check with the team about it.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
28 of 29

Valeria,

This hasn’t been fixed yet. Can you please let me know if somebody is working on this bug? I really don’t want my clients to know when I am online.

Thank you.

Karen C Member Since: Apr 2, 2012
29 of 29

I'm also experiencing the same Aleksandra, and it's very annoying. I noticed that the "Invisible" option returns to "Online" whenever a new Upwork page is opened or refreshed even after I've clicked "Invisible" several times. Why have that option at all if it isn't even working correctly? I also don't want to be seen when I am online.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS