🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Online status not showing on the app
Page options
440c19e5
Community Member

Online status not showing on the app

My Upwork app isn't showing me online. I have the badge of 'available now' but the circle remains grey in color showing me offline. Please help what to do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I would like to let you know that our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working as fast as possible to resolve it. It will be updated in one of the next updates.

We appreciate your patience, 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

Available Now is different from Online Status. You may have an Available Now badge to indicate you are available for immediate hire but may be offline or invisible indicating you are unable to chat right now...Or you could be online but not available for more work. 

To set your Online status, Goto Upwork home page->Click on your profile photo on the top right->Set your Online status there, by choosing between Online or Invisible or On Upwork Messages app set the status on Bottom Right corner. 

Hope that helps! 

Hi Ashraf, thanks for the insight. I got it solved 

My app does not have the features your are talking about

Is there any option for mobile app to show that I'm active now? Because the process You're talking about it apply on pc/laptop. What for mobile app?

What will be the process for mobile app?

Hi Muntasir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please uninstall and reinstall the app? Please let us know if the issue persists.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi.Thanks for replying. Uninstall and reinstalled done. But still same problem. See the attachment. 

Hi Muntasir,

Thank you for following up and sharing a screenshot from your end. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
baaber
Community Member

Facing the same issue!

Hello Ashraf k! Thanks for valuable reply, I am facing an issue while I'm using mobile app for freelancer, it is not showing the green indicator, which signifies that I'm actively online.
Is there a way to enable this feature on the mobile app to indicate my active status?

petra_r
Community Member

Nayab R wrote:

I have the badge of 'available now'

Unless you frequently get invited to apply, the "available now" badge is a waste of your money.

It could only (theoretically) help if your profile appears high enough in search results to be seen.

b769bfe2
Community Member

okay.Trying that out if it will work

NikolaS

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I would like to let you know that our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working as fast as possible to resolve it. It will be updated in one of the next updates.

We appreciate your patience, 

~ Nikola
Upwork
9951686b
Community Member

Screenshot_2023-04-27-18-19-52-44_ae5e5d2b2a92d716b262a8242ae16b36.jpg

I am also Facing the same issue... In written is showing available but the dot on my profile picture always remains grey... 

How you solved this ?? 

01897df1
Community Member

How can i solve this issue

1bd6c3ca
Community Member

sidekick_5M4zodwEMh.png

sidekick_Ginldsu7oy.png

  

Hello Nikola,

1. I am on the paid plan
2. When I go offline, I switch my settings to 'private'
3. When I come back online, I switch it to 'public'
4. I do not have the availability badge turned on
5. I still show as offline, on both the desktop and the app.

I've been through the Forum. I've tried the Help Center.

Who do I get in touch with to have this issue fixed?

Thanks,
Anurag

b7c253c6
Community Member

Hello Dear Nikola S

I am facing same issue how can we solve it.
Screenshot (1).png

Hi M Awais,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
01897df1
Community Member

how do you solve it? please tell me 

Hi Rana,

I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Kindly allow more time for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. We appreciate your patience!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1bd6c3ca
Community Member

Hi Luiggi, 

It's now January 2024. My Android Upwork app still shows me as offline unless I change it to online on the desktop.

This is a fundamental technical issue, brought up in more than just the forums and nothing transparent has been done about it.

Please have it solved and me notified via any means other than the app, since I wouldn't know I've been contacted!

I'm a paying client.

To confirm, this is not about private versus public. It is about online status

Thank you, 

Anurag

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths