🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Only 10 mins of the 1 hour and 50 mins of man...
Page options
amoriaspassion
Community Member

Only 10 mins of the 1 hour and 50 mins of manual time that i submitted show up

Hi. I am new  to upwork and got my first job. I am excited about getting my first week of pay. Every session I did in the hourly job, I submitted it as manual time and it showed up right away. For some reason, my last session showed up as only 10 mins even though I was sure of the time frame I inputted to be a total of 1 hour and 50 mins. I thought maybe it needs time to show up so I waited an hour and it is still showing as 10 mins. I am concerned to submit the remaining 1 hour and 40 mins and it accidentally showing up twice, but also concerned I wait too long and the hours don't count as part of my first week. I couldn't go to bed and concerned since I am new and don't know how things fully work yet, so I thought I'd ask here what action to take and   if it is safe to try to submit the remaining time.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amoriaspassion
Community Member

Hi Everyone. Thank you all for your reply. I figured out the issue. It was silly. i didn't notice it at first as i was new to the app. i wrote the final time first, aka i wrote 11:40 pm, and then i wrote the time started at 9:50 pm. When i write the startign time, it automaically changes the second field to have 10 pm 10  mins later. i didn't notices it overrid  the time i already chose. I noticed this when i was attemptign to submit the remaining time. Thank you all for your time.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amoriaspassion
Community Member

I chose to add the missing time manually and it showed up. Maybe something went wrong with the first attempt. Anyhow never mind

You should make sure you didn't overcharge. The cutoff for the week and the day (Sunday) happened an hour ago, so if you logged the hour at the cutoff, the last 10 minutes could be because it was for the next day. It's UTC, so the cutoff isn't midnight your local time.

65dab6ce
Community Member

Hi Ahmed. 

It's always best to avoid logging time manually and using the tracker instead (including adding reasonable mome notes on what you were doing). That way your hours worked and pay is guranteed and the client cannot dispute it.

Except if you've discussed with the client and it's okay ith them to log manually.

You can read this:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068288

All the best!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmed, 

Did you log time using the Upwork Desktop AppScreenshots are taken when you are actively working on your computer. The App doesn't track time for periods of inactivity when there are no keystrokes or mouse clicks. So you not working on your computer where you are tracking time can be a reason for missing segments. Additionally, adequate activity levels are necessary to qualify for Hourly Protection as shared by Remi. 

Jennifer may also be right. On your Work Diary, and Upwork Desktop App, you can toggle between UTC, and your local timezone. You may check this help article for more information on logging time on the app.

~ Avery
Upwork
amoriaspassion
Community Member

Hi Everyone. Thank you all for your reply. I figured out the issue. It was silly. i didn't notice it at first as i was new to the app. i wrote the final time first, aka i wrote 11:40 pm, and then i wrote the time started at 9:50 pm. When i write the startign time, it automaically changes the second field to have 10 pm 10  mins later. i didn't notices it overrid  the time i already chose. I noticed this when i was attemptign to submit the remaining time. Thank you all for your time.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members