Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
12 of 22

it's just magic Nichola. Smiley Happy 

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
13 of 22

1. One week is a bit tight. It's best to forget the project the instant you've submitted a proposal in my opinion. If you get awarded it a week or a month later then happy days!

2. OK

3. That's just the way it goes. Sure, it's impossible for a freelancer to know exactly what is involved if there's hardly any details, but it doesn't automatically mean they're idiots though. Sometimes, clients prefer to say "hey, I need some work doing... talk to me!" and they expect to discuss further and bash out the details later. If you're desperately trying to save connects then probably not the best idea to submit a proposal, but they could turn out to be a lucrative client.

4. It's not outside the realms of possibility.

And for the last question... unfortunately not. There's no dropdown where you can select 'suspicious clients' or 'non-suspicious clients.'  

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
14 of 22

Scott, I'm confused. Are you on the right page - or is it me?

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
15 of 22

It's not just you, Nichola. The order of posts is wonky here.

cclapper
Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
16 of 22

"It's not just you, Nichola. The order of posts is wonky here."

Yes, very wonky.

PS. I just replied to the above post, and it DID, for once, show up under what I was replying to. But it didn't indent. They can't seem to get this right. Smiley Surprised

david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
17 of 22

@Cathleen C wrote:

PS. I just replied to the above post, and it DID, for once, show up under what I was replying to. But it didn't indent. They can't seem to get this right. Smiley Surprised

Actually, they used to do it this way and I hated it. If I recall correctly, it was one of the  major complaints about the forum and the way it was organized.  I hate when responses are placed under the post being responded to. It makes for an extremely messy thread and I find it very confusing to read. I much prefer it where each new post is at the end of the post thread.

If you have a long thread of twenty pages or more and all the new posts are pasted on different pages, it is just too difficult to read or follow. Using the quote function and placing the posts at the end of the thread is a much better way to handle a forum.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 22

Hi All,

You can sort posts order from Newest to Oldest in the Topic Options or in your Settings. That way you will be able to see all the new posts on the top of the page. That's the layout I use to keep track of the new posts better.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Upwork
researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
19 of 22

@Cathleen C wrote:

Please, please, please don't mention the "i" word, lest Upwork be tempted to introduce that horrible quasi-indentation system that was the bane of the Elance fora.

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
20 of 22

I replied to the original dude and that's where it ended up... I guess if earlier people have replied then I'll just be plonked at the end. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS