🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Only images can be selected
Page options
tartargentleman
Community Member

Only images can be selected

Wait what!? You are kidding me!
I spent a lot of time to understanding how to upload a profile photo to upwork, but all to no avail. My photo is framed to all the rules of your site. And what do i see? "ONLY IMAGES CAN BE SELECTED"! Is this a joke??? Fix this bag please. I can't finish the registration.
17 REPLIES 17
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vladimir,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked and it seems that you successfully uploaded your profile photo. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Please let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes, I tried 4 different browsers, and spent 2 weeks of time to understand out the reason. As a result, I didn't understand, how I got it but now it's ok. Thanks.

Hello! I have been quite unsuccessful in uploading my profile image despite following the guidelines. I tried uploading a 250 by 250 and then a 300 by 300-pixel image. I also tried to use a different browser, clearing the cache and cookies but the response is all the same- 'select different image' What is the problem? Here is the image.

250.JPG 

Hi Mark,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
2f999439
Community Member

This bug still exists today for me as well.

Hi Adam,

I see that you've successfully uploaded your profile picture, and the profile itself has been accepted. It looks like you're all set. You can now submit proposals to potential clients in the marketplace. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
7813a55d
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue. I keep having trouble uploading my profile picture as it says "Only images can be selected" and "Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to upload your image". The image size and format is correct. I tried different browsers and devices. Please help.

Hi Sumbal,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
7813a55d
Community Member

Thank you. It solved the problem.

c7636576
Community Member

Hi! I am having the same issue today. I have tried multiple pictures, and both the app and different browsers.

Hi Irene,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b2d0f881
Community Member

I am experiencing the same problem. Are there any alternative methods available for uploading my photo?

Hi Gerard,

I took a closer look at your profile and confirmed that a profile picture has been successfully uploaded/applied. Please let us know if you need further assistance; we'll gladly help.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5cc0156f
Community Member

I am still having this issue today. Is there anything that helps?

Hi JJ,

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.

~Andrea
Upwork
5cc0156f
Community Member

I have tried all of these alternatives and I still cannot attach a photo to finish completing my profile.

Thanks for following up, JJ. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths