🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Only part of a project fee was made available...
Page options
j_rains
Community Member

Only part of a project fee was made available?

So I set a project fee of $700 for a client, and it was immediately released and went into pending. For some reason, I only received $40 of it...their's $660 left and I'm unsure as to why it wouldn't have just all been released...instead of being broken up?

I've noticed this happens often and I'd like to see if anyone else experiences this.

Just to clarify, no it's not in review or anything, it's been fully released an should have been moved to available.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Justin, 

Are you referring to Contract ID 22041361? I checked your account and it looks like the payment is currently under the 5-day security period, and as noted on your Reports page, it will be available on 3-May. 

You may refer to this help article for more information on how your earnings are processed in your account. Please refer to the "Security Period" section. 

If I have noted a wrong contract, please let me know so that I can look into this further.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
colettelewis
Community Member

Justin R wrote:

So I set a project fee of $700 for a client, and it was immediately released and went into pending. For some reason, I only received $40 of it...their's $660 left and I'm unsure as to why it wouldn't have just all been released...instead of being broken up?

I've noticed this happens often and I'd like to see if anyone else experiences this.

Just to clarify, no it's not in review or anything, it's been fully released an should have been moved to available.

However, you can send a "gentle" reminder to the client that they owe you the balance and that they can pay you as a bonus ... and  if they don't, you will have to sell the balance of your work elsewhere to defray expenses.

A "gentle" reminder to Upwork. The OP should (perhaps) have checked that the amount was funded in full. However, given that Upwork has dramatically moved the goal posts (way off pitch), it  really must also address this forgetful habit clients have of not fully funding the first milestone or the complete job - and getting away with it.  The same cheap clients can also leave ****y feedback if so inclined. Upwork has instigated certain changes that, force majeure, should also lead to a complete overview of this sort of client. 

And, and and ....  

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Are you saying you requested payment of the $700 fee, the client released payment, and you are now looking at $40 in your Available tab and $660 in your Pending tab?

Phyllis G wrote:

Are you saying you requested payment of the $700 fee, the client released payment, and you are now looking at $40 in your Available tab and $660 in your Pending tab?

If this is what you meant, it is likely because the client hadn't escrowed the whole amount. Whatever was already in escrow typically becomes available a couple of days earlier than a fresh payment.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Justin, 

Are you referring to Contract ID 22041361? I checked your account and it looks like the payment is currently under the 5-day security period, and as noted on your Reports page, it will be available on 3-May. 

You may refer to this help article for more information on how your earnings are processed in your account. Please refer to the "Security Period" section. 

If I have noted a wrong contract, please let me know so that I can look into this further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members