cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ooooh, fabulous!

Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
1 of 8

Dear Ramon, Act fast! This job was posted less than five minutes ago, and we think it’s a good match for you. If you apply now, you’ll be one of the first candidates. You may even catch the client while they're still online!...

The ghost writer must be an expert in gay erotica, alpha/omega books and male pregnancy. I will ask questions about these dynamics to ensure that you know what you are talking about...

I mean, really. Does watching the first 20 mimutes of Junior count?

Cat Frustrated

Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
2 of 8

Hey Mods - since your colleagues are recruiting for gay erotica and male pregnancy ghostwriters and announced that thorough questioning will take place, they obviously have to be experienced in these fields, how else could they screen? Therefor I don't quite understand why my post was deleted.

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
3 of 8
LOL - "male pregnancy" - whaaaat??? :'D
Community Guru
4 of 8

@Isabelle Anne A wrote:
LOL - "male pregnancy" - whaaaat??? :'D

Isabelle - I have the same question but I am not sure if I am ready for the answer! 

Community Guru
5 of 8

Talk about niche writing!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 8

Hi Ramon,

I apologize that this recommendation was sent to you by mistake and that it may have offended you. The job is in violation of our Policies, more precisely:

"Jobs may not transmit any content related to or containing any adult or sexually explicit material".

We'll make sure the actions are taken against such jobs as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
7 of 8

It didn't offend me personally, although it might have done if I was from a religious country. This one was funny, however, there are some posts for 'erotic' jobs and websites sometimes getting through  that contain references to practices that even the most liberal (perhaps especially the most liberal) would see as distateful.

Community Guru
8 of 8

Seriously, Upwork recruiters accidently recruited for a job that's in violation of the TOS? If this was one of us freelancers, we would've gotten kicked off the platform instantly. It truly terrifies me to know that this calibre of staff is singlehandedly in charge of my success and fate on this platform. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS