🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Oops! Username is incorrect.
Page options
alpre1990
Community Member

Oops! Username is incorrect.

I'm trying to login to my upwork accout after a while and the login forms states "Oops! Username is incorrect.". I made this new account just to post my question here and look out for help gaining access back to my account. Can somebody help me?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi all,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided
~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

89 REPLIES 89
NikolaS

Hi all,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided
~ Nikola
Upwork
moiz1092
Community Member

Hi, 
This is Abdul Moiz and I have created account to ask for help.
My friend's ID **Edited for Community Guidelines** says oops! Username is incorrect however I know it is correct.
Secondly, I saw an email from upwork on that email saying hopefully your issue was handled perfectly please share feedback. Though when I have not even ask for any request for changes. When I tried to use the same email as signing up so I can contact support, it said that topsoftdigitals is on upwork and same email saying oops! Username is incorrect
email was: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Abdul,

We won't be able to discuss any information about another user's account with you because of privacy concerns. Could you please clarify what is the second issue you're referring to? It looks like you recently created this account. Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,  This is Imad UD Din and my friend asks for help.

My friend's ID *sharp.mind@yahoo.com* 
says oops! The username is incorrect however we know it is correct.

Link :
https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/33905343

We request for support team but we need urgently to solve the problem because my client is waiting for my friend.

Hi Nikola,

This is regarding the error "Oooopps Username is incorrect", but it is not for me, the error was with my partner, who has just made a new account in Upwork... He was logged in for 4-5 hours, until he was automatically logged out and he couldn't log in anymore. He was trying to log in but his username / email address says it is incorrect.. How can he discuss this to you or to any customer service from Upwork privately? Because I understand he couldn't give his personal information here.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi MaLigaya,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. You can access your ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm trying to login to my upwork accout after a while and the login forms states "Oops! Username is incorrect.". I made this new account just to post my question here and look out for help gaining access back to my account. 

I hope you help me please.

Thank you.

Hi Sergey,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
3c591742
Community Member

hello, can you help me please. I seem to have the some problem. I cant log in to my Upwork account. it says that the username doesn't exits. please help. Thank you

Hi Jasper,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to?

~ Nikola
Upwork
7e4ce6f2
Community Member

hi, i have the same problem.  I already have an account but when I tried to log in it was said that "username is incorrect" so i tried to sign up and used the email address I used to log in and.it was said that I already have an account and ask me if i wish to log in., but still i can't because the username is incorrect . I also created this account to share my concern. I haven't open that account for maybe a year or more. I hope you can help me with this issue. Thank you .

Hi Mariha,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello. My account was logged out of Upwork with the error that said "Oops! Username is incorrect". I tried to log in using google but it also does not work. I have a running contract on that account so I need help getting it back as soon as possible. I had to make another account just to contact support. Pls  help

Hello Job,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info along with an Upwork username or registered email address so I could assist you further?

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

I can't access my account because of 'Oops! Username is incorrect.'
I had to create this to be able to post here.

Hello Henry,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble signing in to your Upwork account. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with Upwork username or registered email address so I could forward this to the appropriate team to assist you further?

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep H,

This is regarding the error "Oooopps Username is incorrect", but it is not for me, the error was with my partner. He was logged in for 4-5 hours, until he was automatically logged out and he couldn't log in anymore. He was trying to log in but his username / email address says it is incorrect.. How can he discuss this to you or to any customer service from Upwork privately? Because I understand he couldn't give his personal information here.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi Pradeep,

I am having the same issue. When I try to login it says "Oops! Username is incorrect.". Email is 100% correct. I made this account just to contact you.

Can you please help me in this matter?

Thank You.

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble signing in to your Upwork account. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with Upwork username or registered email address so I could forward this to the appropriate team to assist you further?

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your response. I have shared the requested details in PM. Kindly check it out.

Thank you,

Abdul R.

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for message. We will respond to you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Sure, I'm waiting for your reply.

Best Regards,

Abdul R.

4ee4a51e
Community Member

My friend is trying to log in to his Upwork account the login forms states "Oops! Username is incorrect.". lookout for help gaining access back to his account. Can somebody help us?

Hi Yasir,

Please let your friend know to reach out to us on any official Upwork social media pages so we can help them further with the account. You can find direct links in the footer section of the Community.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
3b3f140d
Community Member

I can't login into my account. I had to use a different email account to ask this question. Everytime I enter my email in the login it says it's invalid but I know it's correct. If I try and make a new account with that email it says the email is in use, so I don't know what to do. Please help, thank you.

Hi Aiden,

Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the username and registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello,

Our account owner can't access her account due to the same error. What should she do?

Hi Yegor,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) and share more details with me? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
4a43aa08
Community Member

Hi, NIcola the same thing happened to me. I tried to log in my workup accoun, but it said that the username is incorrect, so i decided to create a new account with the same email  it said that this accoint is already in use thats the reason i created this account to ask you how to log in to my first account. Please help me!

Hi Salihe,

Could you reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the email address or the username from your original account so that I can assist you further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
4c3a1b6d
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I am also facing the same issue and I haven't got any response from support team since last 48 hours.

I'm trying to login to my upwork accout and it gives error as "Oops! Username is incorrect.". I made this new account just to post my question here and look out for help gaining access back to my account. Please help me.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vivek,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you need help with? I'll be sure to look into it and assist you accordingly. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
4c3a1b6d
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I have PM you about the account information.

Please help me resolve the issue it asap.

Community Member

Hi Nikola, I am experiencing the same issue and can't figure out how to get help. I am helping my manager clean up her account and we can't log in to it or create a new account. Is someone able to assist me?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maya,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
f300a1f1
Community Member

I can't sign in with my Upwork account **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Upon attempt, I get an error message that reads "Oops! Username is incorrect.". I had to create this second account and that I found out that's not recommended. Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Runatyr,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to let you know that we won't be able to restore the account you are referring to. However, you can continue using the new account you created and you can update the email address associated with the new account if you want to use the old email address. 

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
f300a1f1
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for the response. I'll use the new account. However, updating the email address to use the old one isn't working, I'm getting a 'This email is already in use' error message.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Hi Allan,

Thank you for your message. We are unable to transfer the email address from your old account to the new one.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths