🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Oops, billed the wrong contract last week!
Page options
tjdavidson
Community Member

Oops, billed the wrong contract last week!

Hi, I inadvertently entered hours for 1/10-1/16 to the wrong client. This is a client I haven't done any work for over a year (and may not even be active). I was not paid (no surprise-- didn't expect to be) and haven't received any communication on this from them.

How do I go about removing those work diary entries?

Thanks!

- tom

8 REPLIES 8
AndreaG

Hi Tom,

It is not possible to edit the Work Diary once the work week has ended. In this case, you would need to refund the client that was invoiced by accident and add manual time to the correct contract. Alternatively, you can ask your client to pay you a bonus for the hours worked last week.

~Andrea
Upwork
1f7956f3
Community Member

Hi Andrea, I hope you are doing great.

Actually, My name is Doleh Khan, I have been using Upwork since many month but still i am unable to get any order i have been sending proposals to those who'se need his work to done but unfortunately i am facing disappointing I don't know why my connection getting low day by day but not getting any order yet Kindly give me any suggestion or client that I can show my work, or skills with some one I really need your support. 🙂

Thanks 

dolehkhan
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Doleh,

I would recommend that you check out these topics to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

You shouldn’t give up on sending proposals to potential clients. When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you’re absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you’re applying for.

Good luck! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
1f7956f3
Community Member

Hi Bojan, Thank you soo much for your kind suggest and given me right track for sending a prosal I will try this and Hopefully will get any order.

Best Regards 

Doleh Khan 🙂

dolehkhan
petra_r
Community Member

Tom D wrote:

I was not paid (no surprise-- didn't expect to be)

If it was an hourly contract you will be paid because they are charged to the client's payment method automatically.

If it was a fixed-rate contract, you don't need to do anything because the client wasn't charged and won't be charged.

Tom D wrote:

How do I go about removing those work diary entries?

That's not possible once the work-week ends.

It was manually entered time and I haven't heard from the client in over a year (likely they are not active on Upwork anymore). So no earnings are showing up.

I supposed that means (from your answer) "you don't need to do anything because the client wasn't charged and won't be charged"

Thanks!

Let me ask you again:

The contract you logged the time to: was it a fixed-rate contract or was it an hourly contract?

If the contract type is hourly (it's irrelevant whether it is manual or tracked) then the client will have been charged.

If the contract type is fixed-rate, there is nothing you need to do.

5d0d356a
Community Member

ow

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members