hgopalani

Open Job - Client not responding - Work hasn't started.

Hi!

I signed up for this job 3 weeks back. I did a project with this client last month and it was successful, he invited me to another job from a different account. I knew that I would be given the relevant details after accepting the job and I had to complete the work within 10 days (all this was mentioned in the offer, so I accepted it). After waiting for a week or so I tried to communicate the client but he didn't respond,

I have sent him 5 messages in the last 3 weeks but haven't got a response. I had to delay other commitments due to this, I really don't know how to go about this. I am willing to end the contract and initiate a refund but this may not go well. Can anyone please help me in this?

Thanks & Regards,

Himanshu

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Himanshu,

If your client isn't responding to your messages for a long period of time, you can consider ending the contract yourself, which would automatically refund the Milestone funds to the client's billing method.

Untitled

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
f_prpic

Why would you want to refund a client?

Just end the contract.

I am new to Upwork sorry, he created a milestone and I haven't done any work as I don't have any guidelines to work from. 

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Himanshu,

If your client isn't responding to your messages for a long period of time, you can consider ending the contract yourself, which would automatically refund the Milestone funds to the client's billing method.

Untitled

Hi Vladmir,

Thanks I will end the contract then.

Regards,

Himanshu