🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Open contracts with clients with no longer ta...
Page options
d_pascasio
Community Member

Open contracts with clients with no longer tasks in a long time

How to deal with clients with open contracts with me but so long without tasks. This is my concern now because it really affects my proposal, they might think I'm not qualified or don't have enough time to do their tasks because of existing inactive projects in my work history. I did send messages to them from time to time but still no responds or result. I hope you could help me in my very concern. Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
b69a582f
Community Member

Eventually you may just have to close it yourself. If you do, I'd sugget you screenshot the feedback and rating you left them, and message, in one last hope they will leave it for you too. I've got a few who won't answer me, I'm going to have to do that on. 😞 Sucks but what can you do?

kinector
Community Member

This happened to me a couple of times. Always because of working for new businesses with unsure plans (my specialty) who realize their plan doesn't actually work regardless of what I have delivered.

How long you need to wait depends on the type of projects you do. I usually wait about two months after sending the last reminder.

What you don't want is their review. It could be bad and you may not have any way to know what you will get.

Just close the contract and mark it "Completed successfully".

Hope that the client misses the whole thing. Your JSS will stay good and the only thing you will not get is a good public review. Won't hurt your stats in the long run at all, actually.

So, no worries, keep going!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members