🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Open my new profile but Upwork show my old su...
Page options
frazahmad3625
Community Member

Open my new profile but Upwork show my old suspended profile! Read details below

huh! Finally I found a direct source to contact some upwork authorized and experienced persons. I have a serious concern about my upwork profile and need to know what to do? Please help PLEASE!

About a long time ago, I created my upwork profile when I was in university. I offered writing services there and successfully worked with 2 clients. After my graduation, I focused on my professional career choose SEO and got busy with it. I honestly did not get any extra time to use upwork for writing and did not opend it. Now almost after 4 yeras when I am much proficient in SEO I thought to open my old upwork account to change my services so that I can start working. But what did I get?

I completely forget my upwork profile password, security questionS even everything that could help me to open my profile. I tried many days to solve this issue but when I felt helpless I thought to create a new profile. I successfully created my new upwork profile on new G-mail address where I offered SEO services. The link was live and still this is live.**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

The next day I opened this link and boom! I saw my old profile on new G-mail adress and came to know that one of my client asked me to write an article about 4 years ago. I was shocked what should i do? I applogogised that client but I think he's no more client of upwork did not get any reply. Then I tried to close my account but got a notification "We are unable to close your account because you have an open contract" I visited my contract page, ended my contract gave feedback to my client and when again I tried to close my account I received a notification "We are unable to close your account because your account is suspended". I mean WOW! Tell me what a person should do here? Earlier when I tried to access my old profile, due to lack of information I was unable to access it. But later on when I created my new profile upwork showed me my old profile and i got the situation I told.

You guys see the link this is my new profile which is live but I am unable to access. When I try to open I see my old profile which is suspended. I must looking for someone who can help me out in this situtaion even I need an upwork person who may schedule a video call with me and resolve my issues.

I know I took a lot of time but this is the reaction of my feelings what I am feeling!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
a_lipsey
Community Member

The problem is that you cannot have two accounts. You are alllowed only one account ever. You can't close an account and open a new one. You don't get to open new accounts with Upwork. You only get one EVER. So you violated TOS when you created a new account. Perhaps a moderator can help you open a ticket to get this sorted, but you may or may not get access back to any account. 

Yeah thanks to inform. I think i am facing upwork rules violation and this is done by mistakenly. Well, i hope this will recover soon 🙂 Thanks again! 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hafiz, 

A team member has reached out to you directly through a support ticket to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

oh thank you so much you considered my issue 🙂 yeah i just checked my mail box and received some emais. I replied to those and i am sure they'll resolve my issue 🙂 thanks upwork team 🙂 kindly resove my issue and i tried my best next time any single violation will not happen 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members