🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Opt out of Connect notifications
Page options
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Opt out of Connect notifications

Now you have introduced a new notification when connects are earned, kindly allow us to unsubscribe from it.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All,

I would like to let you know that you now have the option to select Unsubscribe on a Connects email, which links directly to Notification Settings in your Upwork profile. In Notification Settings, freelancers can adjust their Connects email notifications with two new selections under the Miscellaneous category:

• I have Connects expiring soon
  • I have purchased or received Connects

Here is a screenshot for reference. 

egaruth_0-1678976524761.png

Additionally, you can find more information in this announcement thread

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abinadab,

Feel free to unsubscribe by using the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email notification.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi!
The button doesn't actually lead to one being unsubscribed because the notifications dashboard does not include anything on Connects.
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

There is an unsubscribe link to opt-out of those emails! 

Seems like someone is winning to many interviews Smiley Wink

Ashraf K wrote:

There is an unsubscribe link to opt-out of those emails! 

Seems like someone is winning to many interviews Smiley Wink

See above. The link redirects to the notifications dashboard, which does not include the option to opt out of Connects notifications.

Hi Abinadab,

Currently, the option that controls notifications for Connects awarded for an interview is "An offer or interview invitation is received." There isn't a separate checkbox for Connects received for an interview. However, we'll share your feedback and a suggestion for a separate notification setting with the team.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Yes. I'd like to opt out of Connects only. Invitations are a necessary notification.
owenh000
Community Member

I too am receiving unwanted messages with subject "You have Connects expiring in 1 month". There is no unsubscribe link as claimed in previous posts here (I even checked in the message source). According to Bojan S. above, there is no way to disable these messages without also turning off interview invitation notifications.

It should be possible to unsubscribe from these messages separately. I strongly recommend addressing this problem by adding an unsubscribe link and moving these notifications to a different (perhaps new) category.

As it stands, I consider this to be unsolicited email and I will be marking these messages as spam.

Hi Owen,

Thank you for your message. I understand and I do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I'll share your feedback with the appropriate team. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Any updates on this? It still seems I can't opt out of those notifications.

I also need to unsubsribe from these

Any updates on this issue? I also want to unsubscribe from the "You have Connects expiring in 1 month" emails.

Hi Andrei,

Can you please try to unsubscribe by using the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email notification? Let us know if you're having difficulty and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork

there is no "unsubscribe" link in those emails!

Hi Fre T,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
keenmade
Community Member

I've been getting the "You have Connects expiring in 1 month" email for 6+ months now. I've asked support to remove me from this spam list and they said it would be handled, yet I get another one this month.

Thanks for contacting Upwork Support! I understand you no longer wish to receive notifications that your Connects are expiring on your freelancer account. 

When you sign up for an Upwork account, we automatically send emails concerning Upwork activities that we believe you need to be informed about. However, if you opt not to receive emails anymore, we can go ahead and submit a request for you, which I already did. If by any chance you no longer want to use your freelancer account, we can also close it and have it reactivated in the future if you want to use it again.

I would encourage anyone else getting these emails to contact the FCC since Upwork is masquerading a marketing email as a transactional email and not providing an unsubscribe link.

https://www.fcc.gov/general/can-spam

dcoleyoung
Community Member

There is STILL (2 years later!) no unsubcribe link to these emails (today 12/6/22) "You have Connects expiring in 1 month" nor a setting in the website notifications settings.  I will report this email as spam.

Hi Daniel and others,

We understand that you'd like to have a way to unsubscribe from emails about Connects expiring and we have shared your feedback with our product team. At this time, it's not possible to opt out of these types of emails as they are considered important transactional notifications.

~ Nikola
Upwork

No need to rush, it's only been 2+ years. :).  As others have noted you're probably in violation of CAN-SPAM, but that's your problem.

dan_r_stevens
Community Member

Seriously, this needs a solution. I also consider these messages to be unsolicited marketing emails, to which there is no ability to unsubscribe from.

I hadn't used my Upwork account in years, and then suddenly started getting these monthly emails, and have been unable to turn them off.

These are most definitely not important transactional notifications.

kivylius
Community Member

Just report it as SPAM people. let UPwork deal with the consesquneces of there ILLEGAL marketing.

jscomino
Community Member

I will gladly be marking as SPAM 🙂

bojan_n
Community Member

This still happens, and there is no unsubcribe link below like many of you said there is (image is below). Please do something about this. It's spamming us without any reason. Do you really want people to use "mark as spam" in order to stop these notifications?

bojan_n_0-1675706190503.png

NikolaS

Hi All,

I would like to let you know that you now have the option to select Unsubscribe on a Connects email, which links directly to Notification Settings in your Upwork profile. In Notification Settings, freelancers can adjust their Connects email notifications with two new selections under the Miscellaneous category:

• I have Connects expiring soon
  • I have purchased or received Connects

Here is a screenshot for reference. 

egaruth_0-1678976524761.png

Additionally, you can find more information in this announcement thread

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths