cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to reject requested a refund?

Dario M Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
1 of 6

Hi there,

Long story short; I was searching for the answer, but not managed to find or understand the answer to this.

I have request for refund from one of my clients. I want to reject it, however, I do not have that option here when I click on the details. 

What should I do?

Thank you.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 6

Hi Dario,

I checked your account but I was not able to locate the refund request.

Could you please send me a PM with the contract ID or your client name so that I can check this and assist you further? Thank you.

Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 6

@Dario M wrote:

Long story short; I was searching for the answer, but not managed to find or understand the answer to this.

I have request for refund from one of my clients. I want to reject it, however, I do not have that option here when I click on the details. 

What should I do?

There is no function to reject a refund request, only the function to accept it, which is super naughty of Upwork in my opinion.

You informally write to your client in the message room that you have noticed a refund request, and because the work was done according to the original agreement, you will not offer a refund at this time.

Ask the client what the issue is and try to resolve it.

**IF** the last funds were released to you less than 30 days ago the client can, theoretically dispute.

4 of 6

Hi Petra,

Thank you for the reply.

I know why he asks for the refund. 

Upwork released the milestone automatically and he thinks he do not have to pay for my work. 

I read that if I don reject the refund, it will automatically refund the client. So if I only reply, that is enough?

Regards

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
BEST ANSWER
5 of 6

Hi Dario,

Just to confirm that since this is not an Escrow refund request even if you do not respond the funds won`t be automatically refunded back to your client. As Petra suggest I would also advised you to try and negotiate with your client to resolve this.

If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you.

Untitled
6 of 6

Excellent.  

Thank you both for your help.

Regards.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS