cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange Dot

Highlighted
Utkarsh J Member Since: Sep 5, 2016
1 of 11
What is the orange dot besides client name means?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 11

Online but away.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Tom V Member Since: Mar 21, 2016
3 of 11

What's online and away? Do they have their message conversation with you open in a tab, and they're currently in another tab? Does away mean they're currently elsewhere on the Upwork website?

Highlighted
Tina B Member Since: Nov 23, 2018
4 of 11

It appears that if you are logged in to Upwork, but not in your messages tab, you will be showing a status of away.  Not sure that is beneficial. I want my clients to reach out and contact me even when I'm in another tab. If I don't want to be contacted, I set myself as offline.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 11

@Tina B wrote:

It appears that if you are logged in to Upwork, but not in your messages tab, you will be showing a status of away.  Not sure that is beneficial. I want my clients to reach out and contact me even when I'm in another tab. If I don't want to be contacted, I set myself as offline.

Nothing is stopping your clients from reaching out.

I set myself to invisible because I don't want / need the pressure of having to respond straight away because "I am online!" - I may be online, but not able or willing to drop what I am doing to respond. Clients get in touch anyway.

Highlighted
Tami O Member Since: Jul 28, 2020
6 of 11

This is True!

Highlighted
Rishi S Member Since: Jul 31, 2020
7 of 11

thank you

Highlighted
Whally G Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
8 of 11

How can I make my dot orange? Online but away. 

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
9 of 11

Hi Whally,

Your clients will see the away status when you're not active in case you set your status as online in the drop-down menu, after clicking on your photo in the upper-right corner.

Highlighted
Rabia A Member Since: May 3, 2017
BEST ANSWER
10 of 11

Hi Utkarsh J,

Orange dot is for notification,

this orange dot appears when you gets new updates like when you received an offer, invitation or any updates. 

View solution in original post

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS