🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Order cancellation
Page options
kehindewriter
Community Member

Order cancellation

A buyer canceled his order immediately after I accepted the offer without giving me any reason why he does so. Please does this in any way affect my JSS score?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Kenny P wrote:

A buyer canceled his order immediately after I accepted the offer without giving me any reason why he does so. Please does this in any way affect my JSS score?

Only if the client left poor private feedback and obviousy there is no reason why they would have done.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Kenny P.,

Board moderator Goran V. has posted here:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Direct-Contracts-now-live-for-all-freelancers/m-p/9134...

“I can confirm that freelancers and clients are able to cancel a contract within 24 hours of the client submitting requirements to you without any penalty or impact on your Job Success Score.”

This may only be applicable for projects that are initiated under the Project Catalog process. Maybe Goran or another Upwork employee can clearly confirm the limits of quick contract cancellation for non-Project Catalog contracts.

Hi Kenny, and Will,

Kenny, when a contract without earnings is closed, both parties won’t be able to provide public feedback, but they can still provide private feedback. If the client provides positive private feedback on a contract with no earnings, that contract will be excluded from JSS. If the client specifies in their feedback that the contract had a negative outcome, that will be counted in the score. Here is the help article for more information.

Will, Goran posted a correct response regarding the Project Catalog question that was responding to, but this is a different type of contract.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, Alexandar D.,

Thank you very much for the clarification in regards to the special status of Project Catalog projects in respect to quick project cancellation and feedback for JSS purposes.

It is disappointing to hear that Upwork only incorporates negative client feedback but not positive client feedback for all other cancelled project types in calculating a freelancer's JSS, but we at least now have no doubt about the JSS in this respect.

Will

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members