🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Out of platform conversations with client...
Page options
3971aade
Community Member

Out of platform conversations with clients

Hii friends! I acquired couple of clients outside of upwork through my Instagram agency. Can I share my Upwork profile link with my outside clients and accept payments only through upwork, maintaining communications outside of upwork? Or is it against terms and conditions? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi K Akhil, 

Thank you for following up. Yes, If you met your client outside of Upwork and you created a contract you are free to communicate outside of Upwork with your client. In general when the contract starts you are not required to communicate with the client on Upwork. 

We provide secure tools for clients and freelancers to communicate directly from the Upwork platform. Once a freelancer accepts a client’s offer, you can choose to share your contact information and use other tools to manage your project, too. You can find more information here.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
NikolaS

Hi K Akhil, 

I checked with our team and can confirm that you are allowed to share your Upwork profile with clients outside of Upwork. You may want to look into the Direct Contract option. Direct Contracts let you manage contracts in the Upwork platform with your clients who don’t have an Upwork account. Enjoy the benefits of escrow services, simple contract management, faster payments, and dispute assistance should a problem arise. You can find more information here.

You may also want to check this page to find our most important policies. Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
3971aade
Community Member

Hii Nikola! Thanks for taking time to answer the question and I really appreciate it. So, my client already has an Upwork account and I received an offer from her after I shared my profile with her. However my concern is since I acquired her from outside the platform, am I allowed to make conversations outside the platform thus making transactions through Upwork(As it builds my profile)?  Or else will Upwork Suspend the account in future by doing this? I really appreciate your solution to this. Thank you

Hi K Akhil, 

Thank you for following up. Yes, If you met your client outside of Upwork and you created a contract you are free to communicate outside of Upwork with your client. In general when the contract starts you are not required to communicate with the client on Upwork. 

We provide secure tools for clients and freelancers to communicate directly from the Upwork platform. Once a freelancer accepts a client’s offer, you can choose to share your contact information and use other tools to manage your project, too. You can find more information here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3971aade
Community Member

Hii Nikola! Thank you so much for providing brief explaination regarding the solution. I really appreciate it a lot🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths