🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Outside connecting with client
Page options
nikitajain17
Community Member

Outside connecting with client

The client wants me to connect over Facebook to get more info about the same project from a third party after the contract started can I do this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nikita,

Once you're hired on an official contract you and your client can communicate outside of Upwork. I would like to clarify that communicating outside of Upwork before an official contract is formed, it is not allowed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nikita,

Once you're hired on an official contract you and your client can communicate outside of Upwork. I would like to clarify that communicating outside of Upwork before an official contract is formed, it is not allowed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
nikitajain17
Community Member

Hi,

I have one more, One of my services is the Formation of LLCs or Corporations in the US for non us residents.
In this, Payments are in the following ways;

1. Formation application fee is paid to the state department, which I do on the client's behalf from his credit card

2. Registered Agent/Business address of the LLC: Since the client does not live in the US, I have to help him get the registered agent service from a third party, I don't give any link to a third party. I just get these services for the client from his credit card.

I charge my assistance fee for the above services which the client pays me on Upwork.

I believe this is allowed right? Please confirm

Hi Nikita,

Yes, this is ok as long as there is no exchange of funds between you can the client outside of Upwork. This would be considered Circumvention, you can learn more about it here.

~Andrea
Upwork
nikitajain17
Community Member

Thank you for the Information.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members