cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over Weekly Limit (4 hours worked, 10 hours weekly limit)

Ace Contributor
Rikki P Member Since: Aug 23, 2016
1 of 4

Hi, everyone!

I recently started a contract with a client and my limit is 10 hours per week because the job won't take very long. I added my time in manually and I worked 4 hours out of the 10 hours I'm allowed so far. When I look at the timesheet with "My local time" checked it says I'm over my weekly limit and I won't be automatically paid. However it doesn't do that if I use my client's timezone or the UTC option. Has anyone had this happen before? I'm worried I won't automatically get paid despite not actually going over.

Thank you!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

It is still the current work week (which runs from midnight UTC Sunday to midnight UTC the next Sunday) so as long as you have not worked more than the weekly limit since midnight UTC last Sunday it should not be showing as "above the weekly limit."

Is there any chance you logged time on the wrong contract (been there, done that lol)?

View it at UTC and see what happens.

Community Leader
Kristo H Member Since: May 6, 2017
3 of 4

Not knowing anything about your situation, but I have seen here a couple of customers before who say they want to purchase lets say X hours week. Then they propose a contract with one hour limit. Then accepting that is of course on the freelancer completely, because working overhours is bad thing, very bad thing.

Kindly I advice you to discuss with you client first. They are the key contact regarding your contract with them.

Ace Contributor
Rikki P Member Since: Aug 23, 2016
4 of 4

No, it's under the right contract. Once I check the UTC time it's fine. It's really confusing because I literally just started the contract the other day and hadn't logged ANY time before that.

She has also definitely allowed me 10 hours for the week because in the contract it says "10 max hrs/wk"

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS