🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Over and Above for new client who left 5 star...
Page options
thompson_karen
Community Member

Over and Above for new client who left 5 stars but no review

I got a creative copy-writing assignment one-off gig today and despite having a week to complete it, I did it in one hour, with expert audience copy. 
Client wrote "Beautiful"  "Thank you" in a message to me.  And gave me 5 stars.

However he did not bother to say what the writing job was on my upwork profile, or that he was thrilled with the results and  that I did it in record time. Despite me mentioning in a message it helps to post a short review.  Since Upwork is a review-based gig platform, do you believe it hurts my profile by not having anything written by this client.

Dissapointed he didn't bother to write even one sentence, for my work.

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Karen, 

Contracts on which clients left a star rating without the textual feedback still count towards your Job Success Score calculation since the score is based partly on the public and private ratings clients leave. You may read more about how your Job Success Score is computed in this article.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,  thank you for your reply.  I know this and have a 100% job success rating.  Why I feel disappointed, is the job doesn't show as a creative copywriting one- and despite being given a week to complete it, I finished it in one hour - with expert copy.  The client was more than pleased, but did not take the time to write what he wrote to me on the review so other potential employers could read it - "beautiful work" "Fast and excellent writing".  Too bad, because I went over and above, so disappointing he didn't take one minute to put that in my review when I worked hard and over and above for him.  Oh well.

Other prospective employers would see his input, not just 5 stars:(

martina_plaschka
Community Member

That is nothing to be disappointed about. Maybe the client responded in kind and very quickly ended the job. 

Maybe he didn't appreciate your prompts how to leave a message. 

Of course, this doesn't hurt you at all. 

But I agree, optics are important. You want a clean crisp profile, preferably with feedback on all jobs. What you want to avoid is a lenghty response to a client's feedback. It just clutters your profile and distracts from your other feedback. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members