🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Overflow of Scam Jobs
Page options
donfak
Community Member

Overflow of Scam Jobs

Greetings to all,

Literally every day, I personally flag many scam job posts in my field (Web design & Development) and seeing the large amount of such projects coming over and over again, I start to wonder why Upwork don't just filter out such fake projects?

Such job posts are usually very short and contain an email address or a phone number with a fancy budget. Blocking job posts containing email or phone numbers can be a good starting point to resolve the problem, but Upwork already knows what to do that's for sure. I just wonder why such action is not taken yet?

4 REPLIES 4
60fb74f5
Community Member

Hi, we can play with the search categories & filters to "hide" those jobs.

renata101
Community Member

Hi Joel,

I agree that these jobs should not be posted on the job board. Upwork says they are working on the problem, but I don't know what form that will take.

If you're looking through the posts, you can filter your own search. I've posted some ways to do that here:
https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Filtering-Job-Posts-Refined-Search-Term-and-Ways-to-Us...

pgiambalvo
Community Member

We don't why Upwork doesn just filter out such fake projects, but they say they are on it.

joansands
Community Member

I am being flooded with scam job posts. It is getting to be beyond ridiculous!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members