🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Overriding time already logged.
Page options
austintalley
Community Member

Overriding time already logged.

I'm working multiple clients at the same time and need to log overlaping times. How can I override this feature so my time can be accurate?

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10
Community Member

Austin T wrote:

I'm working multiple clients at the same time and need to log overlaping times. How can I override this feature so my time can be accurate?

You can't. 

petra_r
Community Member

Austin T wrote:

That is literally a physical impossibility. You can't be actively working for more than one client at any given time unless you clone yourself.

When clients pay on an hourly basis, they expect to pay for time you are working on their project, not some other client's project.

You can't do this on Upwork, but there are situations where this makes sense.

If you run a dog kennel, then you may need to be able to check a pet in to the kennel, and later check a pet out. And you would then charge each pet owner for overlapping time.

This principle would apply if you ran a hotel, or a walk-in day care, or similar business.

But this is completely different from freelance work on Upwork (or anywhere else), where a client is paying for your time.

Austin, I am actually kind of curious about what kind of work situation prompted you to ask your question about overlapping time. If you would like to provide us with some more detail, I assure you that I will respect your answer and provide any additional suggestions if I can think of anything that might help you.

Preston H wrote:

If you run a dog kennel, then you may need to be able to check a pet in to the kennel, and later check a pet out. And you would then charge each pet owner for overlapping time.

Come on, Preston, REALLY? A dog kennel?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths