🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Overtime and Normal Hours
Page options
renaldoherbst
Community Member

Overtime and Normal Hours

Hi guys,

Brand new here 🙂

Quick question, I have run into a weird issue whether by accident or by design but my set amount of hours I can work has not been released to me for a week in which I did overtime. Now I know you will be paid a bonus should the client decide to do so (for the time over the set amount). But Upwork deducted the hours I am allowed from the client and are now holding the funds. Did log a call but it was quite a bit of back and forth. 

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Renaldo,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

If you have any further questions feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Renaldo H wrote:

Quick question, I have run into a weird issue whether by accident or by design but my set amount of hours I can work has not been released to me for a week in which I did overtime.

You understand how you get paid for hourly work, right? 

It has nothing to do with whether there was overtime (which the client is never billed for). It takes a while to get the payment for hourly work.

From Upwork:

All time logged in your Work Diary, whether tracked or added as manual time, is automatically invoiced to your client using the schedule below.

• Week 1 – You log time using the Upwork Desktop App (Time Tracker)
  • Week 2 – Your time is invoiced to your client on Monday and they have until Friday to review your work
  • Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday

BillingCycle

(source)

Hi Petra,

Thanks so much for your response!

I do understand 🙂 been doing work for about 3 months now so that part makes sense.

The funds were for two weeks ago (which would normally be released by now).

Issue is, I went overtime but the set amount of hours I am allowed still was not reimbursed to me. 

The amounts are still pending since the day it was supposed to be paid.

Not sure if it is a system error. Its been almost a whole day since I pointed that out that support hasn't come back to me. Think they might be busy, but the turnaround time was very quick until I sent the screenshot of the outstanding funds (which were deducted)

Just wanted to know if anyone else had a similar issue.

wrote:

Issue is, I went overtime but the set amount of hours I am allowed still was not reimbursed to .

It is completely irrelevant whether there was overtime. That does NOT affect payment of the hours you worked normally.

Can you tell me in which week those hours were worked? Hours that are in pending now will be released tomorrow (Wednesday) and were logged during the week 26th of July to 1st of August

The funds were for two weeks ago (which would normally be released by now).

No, they wouldn't. Please look at my first response again....

Week 1 is the working week

Week 2 is the Review week

Followed by 5 day security period and you are paid on Wednesday of week 3

Exactly the same as always.

Hi Petra, 

I am aware of that actually I think that there might be a technical problem.

I have been paid for every week except the one with overtime in it. 

Even noticed that the amount of hours are incorrect, so I will wait for suppor to get back to me.

Thanks for your responses though 🙂

NikolaS

Hi Renaldo,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

If you have any further questions feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you kindly Nikola. Will do.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members